corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Market is moving fast!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Market is moving fast!
Graham88

User status: Offline
25th Feb 14 at 05:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously pulling my hair out at the moment, I'm getting updates from Rightmove on an area I've drawn out when properties come on the market, yet in 90% of cases so far the houses have already sold before I can arrange a viewing? Seriously wtf? Estate agents are telling me I can register with them but theirs not much point if I'm getting emails from Rightmove anyway but quite clearly I'm missing something somewhere if these houses are selling before I can view them.

4 houses now we've liked & on the same day they've gone on the market they've had several offers from people who haven't even viewed them and consequently sold.

Offered on a house that needed a lot of work, house next door which was immaculate when sold in 2011 for £185k, and when I say this one needed a lot of work I mean a lot, plastering, rewiring, new boiler, kitchen, carpets, decorating, bathroom so I offered £170k as that was the most I'd be willing to spend given the work involved, and it sold for £195k even the Estate Agent said they couldn't believe it!

It's pissing me off as I'm ready to move I just can't seem to keep up with the market
James

25th Feb 14 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some houses don't even make it on to sites like rightmove so registering with estate agents is the only way. Plus they will tell you before they put it on rightmove. I bought my place before it even made it online.

After they sell a place, even if it never made it online, they will usually put it online and mark it as sold, just to show the kind of places they are selling and building up interest.
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Feb 14 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen few houses sell within day round my way too. That's looking at zoopla though
Colin

25th Feb 14 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It usually takes 12hrs to appear on rightmove, register direct with the agents, explain your ready and you'll hear about anything coming up before it goes live.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Feb 14 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Market is going mad at the mo. People know this and are starting to buy desperately as they think they will be left behind.

Similar to 2007 I guess, but without the 100+% mortgages!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

25th Feb 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We keep browsing online and they seem to go so quick now. Gutting if you're in a chain as no chains will always beat you

When we were looking for our first house in 2009, there were so many properties up for sale for months on end so we could be picky.

It's a shame our budget couldn't be stretched further as i'd have got a bigger place to save moving again. So buy the biggest/best you can afford.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Feb 14 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My place took nearly 2 weeks to appear on right move. Register for the agents, some agents still don't even list on right move.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Feb 14 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was working in agency my hot buyers would always be round before they hit the net/right move. Hot meaning they had been in to see the in branch mortgage adviser and were able to proceed.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
deano87

25th Feb 14 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chain free is only so good. When you come up a chain free cash buyer is when it infuriates you.

Glad it isn't just here the market is mental.
luciaadr

25th Feb 14 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently trying to buy the house i mentioned in my warm air heating thread; Its doing my head in. When we bought our current one, the market was on its arse and as buyers we felt in control.

Now we don't, sellers are holding out as they feel, maybe correctly, that they'll meet their asking prices.

So much confidence around at the moment, not sure where its come from. I certainly don't feel any better off!
Ian W

25th Feb 14 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to buy somewhere myself, made a couple of offers on the place I want but seller is holding out, can see my having to pay the full asking price
Aaron

25th Feb 14 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things do seem to be moving pretty quickly. I work in a team of about 18 people...and no less than 8 of us are currently in the process of buying something, myself included. Thankfully we should complete this time next week.
Graham88

26th Feb 14 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like I've got to get round and register then, god knows why they told me not to bother as they just use Rightmove? Seems strange!

Glad it's also not just me struggling
deano87

26th Feb 14 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget that the agents probably have a number of Buy to Let investors on their books that get first refusal on anything. A sale is a sale to them, so if they can do so with little hassle they will!
deano87

26th Feb 14 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is actually nothing on Rightmove at the moment for us to look at. Good job really, cause we are a bid fed up. Not being able to make offers and no opportunity for a 2nd viewing makes things a bit painful.

New Poll