corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » chris_r's 2001 Corsa C SRi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author chris_r's 2001 Corsa C SRi
chris_r

User status: Offline
11th Feb 14 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it's been a while since I posted on here. Back when I still had my Corsa B GSi with Z18XE in fact.

The story of this car starts off with when I was working on the GSi and found it had a bit of rust in and around the master cylinder/booster area. At the same time, a friend was selling his 1.8 Corsa C SRi really cheap with a busted timing belt. So, I decided to strip the GSi and hock the shell (I'm led to believe it's gone on to become a C20LET powered track car now). Anyway, after much drama with my van (Hyundai iLoad/H1/i800 diesel), I had someone tow the car the 800kms from Melbourne to Adelaide (where I live) and I set about fitting the Z18 I fitted to the B into the C.

Since that, I've done the 308mm brake swap using DBA T3 4000 series rotors and QFM HPX pads, FK angel eye headlights, CrazyLEDs interior LED conversion, Vectra C intake/airbox de-restriction, Astra Turbo leather front seats (Our Corsas didn't get leather down here), new gaiters for the gearshift/handbrake, leather instrument cluster hood, painted engine cover, fitted the white 16" SRi wheels I had from the B and change the head unit. Got plenty more mods planned yet, with a definite engine swap down the line. I'm kinda going between the Z20LET and Z22SE, both of which aren't cheap here in Oz, but the latter is more plentiful. Yet, lately I've been thinking of maybe having a crack at the Z20NET engine, which it seems I can obtain from the UK for less than what I can get a LET or Z22 for locally. Only issue I see with that is how much room there would be for the turbo.

Other thing is, our weather's a bit harsh on paint work and the clear coat has peeled across the bonnet and the roof. Previous owner also hit a raised manhole cover and cracked the front splitter. So some paint and body repairs to be done there.

davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Feb 14 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to know more about fitting / tuning the z22se or z20net/B207R then join z22se.co.uk.
a turbo will be a very tight fit on the back of this engine and will require some mods to the bulk head or a custom manifold.
also check out my threads on here and z22se site as ive got a z22se corsa c sri. easy swap all parts are either corsa or astra. a Vectra c ecu set would be best as it surports all the canbus used in the corsa c.
keep us updated.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=647993

https://z22se.co.uk/threads/corsa-c-z22se-sri.22138/

[Edited on 11-02-2014 by davegreen]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » chris_r's 2001 Corsa C SRi 24 database queries in 0.0112278 seconds