corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Garden fences

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Garden fences
John

User status: Offline
26th Jan 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, completely incorrect. Neighbours can build a fence on their side without consulting them. It's not a change to the adjoining property at all.

You aren't allowed to hammer nails into the fence, they would be the one taking you to court if you damaged it.

Good/side bad side, basically need to get a grip.
Andrew

26th Jan 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have anything to back your statement up John?

Personally, a free quick call to someone who knows the law will sort out any confusion. Quite simple really John!
Pop

26th Jan 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with John on this. You can put up a fence on your own land without any issues.

Ideally the neighbour should have consulted Andy out of courtesy, but in reality was under no obligation to do so.
AndyKent

26th Jan 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Calling a solicitor because the fence is the wrong way round, it gets better

Personally I'd just put up with it
RichR
Premium Member

26th Jan 14 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only legal standing you'll have is if it's over 2 metres in height as it would have required planning; with only one gravel board, I'd guess its 1.8m though.
taty

26th Jan 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my garden we have all good side
but everyone round here has put up there own fences i have my own so does my neighbour ect so everyone has the good side pointing in unless they didnt buy any
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jan 14 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was paying, I'd put it any way round I pleased. Courtesy or otherwise, the decision surely must go to whoever is spending the money.

If seeing a bit of structure bothers you that much, its very easily covered.

Shame you look like you've fallen out with him, would have been a fairly simple conversion to say you're going to tidy up the back. Now I would think as others have posted, he can object to you attaching stuff to his fence, therefore if you want it tidy you'd need to lay your own supports.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 14 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Do you have anything to back your statement up John?

Personally, a free quick call to someone who knows the law will sort out any confusion. Quite simple really John!

Yes Andrew. It's common fucking sense.

How you get through life I don't know.

N16K

26th Jan 14 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They paid for it, why should you get the good side? Plus the pics provided show it sits inside their property line, fuck all you can do. You got your garden enclosed and private for free, be happy and your side looks great, for the money your neighbour has spent.

[Edited on 26-01-2014 by N16K]
ed

26th Jan 14 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been reading this and reading this and... WHAT THE FUCK IS A GOOD SIDE OF A FENCE?
N16K

26th Jan 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I've been reading this and reading this and... WHAT THE FUCK IS A GOOD SIDE OF A FENCE?

In this case what he would have done if he had payed for it.
Cole

26th Jan 14 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those panels don't even look tanalised
baza31

26th Jan 14 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had of been neighbour I'd of give you option to pay half and have both sides finished off . If you objected or said you should have good side I wouldn't care and you would still get the bad side .
Gaz

26th Jan 14 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing a kick about with the lad's cannot sort out - just put someone shit in "net" and make sure you are making full use of each and every fucking panel to piss the cunt off.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 14 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its not. If it's your land you do what the fuck you like.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Jan 14 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
those panels don't even look tanalised

Wtf are you talking about? How would you know seeing as they've clearly been stained anyway? Or do you think that's the natural colour?
Andrew

26th Jan 14 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Calling a solicitor because the fence is the wrong way round, it gets better

Personally I'd just put up with it

I don't piss around, i get end results. A solicitor will not charge you unless there is a case.

It's quite clear this is a grey area when it comes to cs knowledge. Get off your high horse and crack on with the real world.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 14 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I don't piss around, i get end results.

Shut up you tit.
John

26th Jan 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a grey area either, its pretty clear and simple.

Gypos will love it when you move in next door Andrew, sending them threatening letters after you've had a free phone call with a solicitor.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Jan 14 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just looked at the photos properly and it's not been put together very well. You can buy galvanised arris rail clips which secure the arris to the uprights and they're not expensive; The photos look like they've butchered the ends and mullered screws in randomly. The other way of doing it is to rebate the posts to accept the arris but that's long winded when the clips are inexpensive.

Regardless, if you have a chat with your neighbour and clear the air, I can't see why you can't do the same on your side to give you the 'good' side and that way, you haven't had to pay for the posts. If there's any worry about being able to paint/treat the reverse side; paint it with bitumen and fit a cap rail.
N16K

26th Jan 14 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I've just looked at the photos properly and it's not been put together very well. You can buy galvanised arris rail clips which secure the arris to the uprights and they're not expensive; The photos look like they've butchered the ends and mullered screws in randomly. The other way of doing it is to rebate the posts to accept the arris but that's long winded when the clips are inexpensive.

Regardless, if you have a chat with your neighbour and clear the air, I can't see why you can't do the same on your side to give you the 'good' side and that way, you haven't had to pay for the posts. If there's any worry about being able to paint/treat the reverse side; paint it with bitumen and fit a cap rail.

From pics I guess 2 inch posts not strong enough to be attached to, would leave him (op) open to fence failure due to his addition. Andrew meh, but then you get results . Your website stated in your profile does not even work!

[Edited on 26-01-2014 by N16K]
Ben G

26th Jan 14 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Shut up you tit.

Who invited Dominic fucking littlewood onto cs?
Ben G

26th Jan 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.s. I'm sorry Andy but looks like you have no case. Try and clear the air then ask about alterations you could do on your side to improve it.

First weekend after moving in, I was at a junction turning left when a guy on a moped undertook me dangerously. I then overtook his weedy underpowered ped and it was only when I parked on my driveway, I realised it was my neighbour he never said anything about it but kept whinging when I was putting stuff up on the fence/his garage wall which is in my garden.

Cleared the air and he's been alright ever since, bar being a cunt with his new sound system and shit music. Few bangs on the wall and he turned it down. Like fuck was I knocking on his door after 3 hours sleep, I wouldn't have been sensible about it and it would've ended up in amn argument.
Andy Stocker

27th Jan 14 at 05:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pro8186
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Shut up you tit.

I find it quite amazing this guy "andrew" as been spying on this guys facebook over a fuckin fence, get a grip. Also sees a comment aimed at his mrs/him on this guys facebook and rather come on him asking opinions. Go round his house then mate, ask him why hes slagging u off on his facebook.

I think you're getting the originator of the post and someone that replied mixed up
Robbo

27th Jan 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I quite like the horizontal bars tbh. Gives it more. Character. Flat fence panels are boring.

Shame about the shit left behind. Put it all in a wheelbarrow and leave it on their driveway.
agreed (on both counts...)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll