corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgage saving accounts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgage saving accounts
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 13 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As ill be aiming to save 10k+ over 2014 i need a decent bank account to put this in

Seen these advertised, Build you house deposit up with said bank, take mortgage with said bank and they will give you £xxx

Is it a ploy to get you on to their mortgages ?
Anyone had one?

I already have an ISA my grandparents set up when I was a kid, its in my name and there's restrictions on having more than one ISA ? (currently at a balance of roughly 4-5k)

Marc

3rd Dec 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Restrictions per tax year for ISA's.

Santander pay 3% in their current account provided you pay £1k in a month. I'd look in to the mortgage saver and compare with current and savings accounts.

Also, I got my mortgage through an IFA. He got me more than the bank were willing to give. My mortgage is with said bank!
tom130691
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Restrictions per tax year for ISA's.

Santander pay 3% in their current account provided you pay £1k in a month. I'd look in to the mortgage saver and compare with current and savings accounts.

Also, I got my mortgage through an IFA. He got me more than the bank were willing to give. My mortgage is with said bank!

good shout with santander i aim to save 1k a month so that could work nicely

never even thought about IFA's
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 13 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well go nationwide flexsaver for 2.5k
Pay in (transfer in and out same day) 1k per calendar month for 5% on up to 2.5k
Pays more than and isa and you can just transfer salary in and out once a month.
Currently have gf, mine and joint.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
_Allan_

4th Dec 13 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting £50+ a month cash back off Santander for their 123 account. For a 2 quid fee

Need savings, income 1K plus going and some decent mortgage, rates and comms bills going out.

[Edited on 04-12-2013 by _Allan_]

New Poll