corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Coffee Day

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coffee Day
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Oct 13 at 04:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what's the best value coffee machine about? Looking for decent lattee as well as coffee

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Chris C

18th Oct 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got myself one of theses last year http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/delonghi-ec330s-14-coffee-machine-stainless-steel/204-5103.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=204-5103

I love it and use it every day.
whitter45

18th Oct 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a nespresso and it does the job for me
Dan
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit the bullet and went to currys to but the delonghi c330s as above.

But... I saw a Phillips saeco bean to cup machine. A quick google found good reviews and prices over £300. It's on clearance at £179 so I couldn't refuse a bean to cup machine over a normal machine for the same sort of money.

It's defo well out of the league of the delonghi and such like units as it's all plasticky. But having just had my first latte from it I am more than amazed. Froffed up the milk in a few seconds and tasted better than I usually get from the costa machines in the services.

I'm using Morrisons finest coffee beans which are medium. As they were the closest store to me. What's the best beans to go for?

Dan
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the same machine just in black, mines silver...

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/espresso-machine/philips-saeco-philips-saeco-xsmall-hd8743-focus-automatic-coffee-machine-15-bar-black/03214889-a.html

That's priced at over £100 more!!

John

19th Oct 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the costco starbucks roast beans, good price to taste ratio, especially considering I'm going through about 5 cups of it a day at home.
deano87

19th Oct 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For beans it has to be Has Bean.

Failing that, all beans in the supermarket are much of a muchness. For my morning cafetiere at work I have Taylors of Harrogate Italian blend. They do a good choice of blends.
deano87

19th Oct 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had this machine for about 3 years. It has been superb.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/espresso-capsule-machines/delonghi-ec-820-b-espresso-machine-black-09993381-pdt.html
Dan
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's actually the one I went to look at, not the c330s now I see it.

I was tempted, but this thing being bean to cup just seemed a far better option.

Its proving its worth already, my 2year old just had a glass of frothy milk from it

deano87

20th Oct 13 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is at my girlfriends so it is like a weekend treat. I'm a bit obsessed with coffee and like the barista experience. Doubt I'll ever have bean to cup!
John

20th Oct 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pressing 1 button and not worrying about the cleaning, tamping, cleaning, coffee still being everywhere after cleaning is good.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just bought a used 2 group proper coffee machine, grinder etc etc all for around 600, but it does take 15min to warm up!
Dan
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea the cleaning on this Phillips machine is bloody brilliant.

Just empty and rinse the puck collection bucket and it self cleans the rest. Guess I'll have to give it a full clean internally now and again though. Better check the instructions.

Works so well and heats in about a min. The only downsides to it that I've found are the space to put a cup is too small height wise. Not many of my cups fit in it. But I could do with some better ones. Also the water tank could do with being bigger. It's only 1 litre

John

20th Oct 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cup bit moves up and down on mine, annoyed me on the Gaggia, had to always leave the drip tray off. I always have massive mugs.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll