corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » f50 bonnet vents

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author f50 bonnet vents
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
8th May 03 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have bought the f 50 bonnet vent and its all ready to go in but when I took it to the body shop where its supposedly getting done they said that by the time the holes are taken out and filled its going to be really weak and theres no point in doing it, need some serious replies cos I am very dodgey about doing it now and might just sell the vent. I really wanted it doing aswell what do I do ? forget it or risk it ?
dig dave2811

8th May 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure all i know is u can buy a bad boy bonet and f50 vent already cut in for £230 at fast forward. this may not be weak but not sure.
Karnage Corsa

8th May 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to do that but you have to do a pickup and I live miles away and I aint got a use of the car cos its parked outside minus front bumper and skirts
luca2020

8th May 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had my F50 bonnet sent to me, why cant fast forward do it?

also the bonnets aint weak, quite strong and even if it wasent what would it matter its not like theirs any presure on it
Karnage Corsa

8th May 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically the bloke reckons that once the bonnet is all cut out and he has taken out the stranghteners or something then it will weaken the bonnet. Also with the vent being fibreglass then it aint as strong as u think it is and when the gap is filled with filler and painted an all that it will look good, but drive it on the motorway with all the down force and it is going to put loads of pressure on it and then he said about shutting the bonnet all the banging will weaken the area around the vent. Maybe he is trying to get me off the idea of getting it done but he said he will do a mint job if he does it so I have to think about it and get back to him thats why I need advice. cheers people
kev_corsa

8th May 03 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to change the subjuect a little, but does anyone know if you can by the whole bonnet with the F50 vent already built in for the Corsa C?
STEvieXE

8th May 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah hes right. the vents so big that once the strengtheners are cut out then the bonnet will be flimsy. have no strength at all. a fella im friendly with got one done, was told by my m8 not to do it but had to get it. so got it done. lasted a few weeks then all cracked and rippled. fella that did it fixed it a few times then eventually said he couldnt get it to last. he had to buy him a new bonnet and put a subura vent into it. the f50 vents need to big a hole to big and the bonnet will flex to much cozing the isopon to crack. my advice buy the full f/glass bonnet coz its moulded that way, no cracks and it should have all the strengtheners etc
Karnage Corsa

8th May 03 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right exactly what I needed to hear mate thanks a lot I appreciate that at least I know exactly where I am going now I have 2 bonnets for sale now then jesus
wezjax

8th May 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought the vent just had two smallish holes at the front.
Karnage Corsa

8th May 03 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does but the bits under the holes that you have to cut out of the bonnet are like 15" long by about 8"
STEvieXE

8th May 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to cut away the under bonnet strengthners but. they r the main structural part of bonnet. the tops just a skin
Karnage Corsa

8th May 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the one that you can get from ffwd motorsport for £250 is that with the strengtheners ? so obviously being 10 times stronger and a lot more durable
STEvieXE

8th May 03 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i know. the whole bonnets made from f/glass and has f/glass strenghtners etc below it. thats wot u wanna go for and while ur at it get it bad boyed to. cheap in end really when u think how much ud pay in a bodyshop
Karnage Corsa

8th May 03 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spoke to the lad on here a few weeks back and ffwd motorsport do them for 250 bad boyed aswell so I think I will get the money together at the weekend and get it ordered thanks for yer help mate
DODG-E

9th May 03 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh mate i got a GT40 vent and you have to cut the strengtheners out...

My vent cracked round the edge because of the side stand!!!

BUt i got hydrolic lifters now and it will not crack... and its all being painted again as the painter needs to sort some things out...

But its all good as long as u adjust the bonnet properly and get the hydrolic lifters..
Karnage Corsa

9th May 03 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely with hydrolic lifters you still need to fairly bang the bonnet to close on the latch yes or no mate and cheers for your help
DODG-E

9th May 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not at all mate.... just put it down then push it.....
Richie

9th May 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the bonnet you cut it all out, then put the vent in and get it all sorted, then you strengthen it again urself by welding new strengthenimg bars to it! Work fine with mine, was wobbly as fook witout it, now is lurrvly
DODG-E

9th May 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh nice mate.... gonna get my painter to do that!!
STEvieXE

9th May 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wot i forgot to say. think thats the idea. weld the strengthners back in after the vents in. sounds like a plan!

New Poll