corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Merging 2 iTunes libraries?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Merging 2 iTunes libraries?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 13 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wife wants to merge our iTunes music collections so it can all go on the same iPod for travelling (no idea why but whatever)

Is it possible?

How do I do it?

I have -

2 laptops (both with music on each)
500GB external hard drive
2 iPhone 4s
1 60GB iPod

I'm assuming if I move all the music to the hard drive, delete the library from one laptop, move the music over then upload from that laptop to the ipod, it'll work?

The music has not been moved before so there shouldn't be any licensing issues that I know of

Any help?
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes. Then you can browse and merge both libraries from either machine.

Robin
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I do that, will we need a 3rd iTunes client to upload to the iPod, or can it select from either library?
Robin
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's not done quite what I hoped, I can now access both libraries from either laptop but I'd quite like to get both libraries onto the same iPod, makes it much easier than swapping phones over in the car...
Dom

29th Apr 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This not help - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3713122?start=0&tstart=0?

New Poll