corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anybody own both an iPad and an iPad Mini?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody own both an iPad and an iPad Mini?
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Apr 13 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for the Mini and loving it so far.

Can't believe just how light and thin it is.

For internet surfing I'll say the full size iPad is better and in zoomed out view it does suffer from the lack of a retina/higher PPI screen.

Been playing around with GoodNotes and hoping it'll be a replacement for the heavy notepad I always carry with me to meetings.

Performance wise it's quite a bit faster/smoother than my 1st gen. iPad, but that might have something to do with it having far less data stored on it so far...

A2H GO

15th Apr 13 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the design of the Mini, if they release a retina I'd be tempted to replace my iPad 3 over the next full size iPad.

It's only been 18 months but my iPad 3 already feels/looks dated, amazing how quickly tech gets old these days.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister-in-law bought an iPad Mini not long ago. Didn't seem any different functionality wise from my iPad 3 (i.e. the one before the current one with the lightening connector).

Facebook app always crashes on hers though, which is a bit shit seeing as that's the reason she bought it for (FB being for work purposes as she doesn't actually use FB for herself).

Her iPad Mini is much lighter to hold than my normal sized one. Web browsing in general seemed just as good as on my one.
whitter45

15th Apr 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have both and for me mini is better in terms of size, weight etc

think if the mini had the retina display that would be the best of the bunch
Robbo

16th Apr 13 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a mini atm (borrowing off a friend), 10x better than an iPad for being out of the house, esp in London, which is what I plan to use one for (replace Air with Imac and iPad mini)
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have ipad retina and wife has ipad mini, she and I love the size of it! So nice to hold but I love my retina. I'd have either but if you want a light easily held one get the mini
Brett
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Balling, get a mini
Balling
Premium Member

17th Apr 13 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Yeah Balling, get a mini
I think I will...

mwg

17th Apr 13 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a Samsung Galaxy S4

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll