corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » 1.5x garage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.5x garage?
Colin

User status: Offline
5th Apr 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have a 1.5x garage?

Basically I am struggling to find a house with a double garage which also has a double door.

A house has come up nearby with a 1.5x garage, which also ticks all other boxes.

Dimensions are 3m garage door. 3.8m width & 5x5m length.

Do we reckon that would give satisfactory room to store a car and get right around it, room to open doors etc?

[Edited on 05-04-2013 by Colin]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what you're driving nowadays but to put it in perspective my Grand Cherokee is around 2.2m wide (including the wing mirrors) by 4.6m long so width is sound, length probably wouldn't be ideal but the Jeep's not exactly a small car.

[Edited on 05-04-2013 by Mike]
Colin

5th Apr 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really have a car right now. Just the family car which is more hers. Plan is to save up and move house before taking on the expense of a 2nd car. I'd imagine something like a cerbera or 911/cayman to be going in the garage eventually.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you extend the garage?

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has a 1.5 garage. couldnt get my corsa through the door but beyond the door there would have been plenty of room for a car. not sure of the actual dimensions though
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1 car garage but I'm building a structure out the back of it to house all my tools and motorbike and then just having the car in the garage with eventually a lift mounted in the floor. Mine is going to be right but doable but I am only storing a viva which isn't big.

A 1.5 garage for 1 car will be fine. Only issue is to think about jacks etc. ideally I would say you want 1.5 meters of clear space around the car.
Ben G

5th Apr 13 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how wide was the door if you couldn't get a corsa through it?

my dads garage is probably a 1.5x size, although both sides of his are taken up with workbenches.

pic of my old fiesta in it:

[Edited on 05-04-2013 by Ben G]
Colin

6th Apr 13 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks too cluttered to tell the size Ben

Tom no scope to extend it's a new build.
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
6th Apr 13 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus is getting pissed off with my obsession for double garages, I've ruled out so many houses because they've got integrated singles or something un-extendable

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Colin

6th Apr 13 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same Its pretty much all i'm interested in. Fed up with 2x single door jobbies though so this 1.5 size ones looking good.
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
6th Apr 13 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be a big job to put a double door in a 2x single setup? I'm no builder but I guess a girder along the top, job done?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

6th Apr 13 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
That looks too cluttered to tell the size Ben

Tom no scope to extend it's a new build.

just measured the width and it's 3.85m, so same as the one you're looking at.
Colin

6th Apr 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm need to see inside one with just a car in it.
Ben G

6th Apr 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go and view the house and ask to park your car in there to see? they may even have a car in there already.

i was worried about having a new-build single garage that wouldn't fit a car in, but was put at rest when an old chap showed us in his garage which housed a hyundai coupe. not the biggest car ever, but at least i knew it was possible.
Colin

6th Apr 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
go and view the house and ask to park your car in there to see? they may even have a car in there already.

i was worried about having a new-build single garage that wouldn't fit a car in, but was put at rest when an old chap showed us in his garage which housed a hyundai coupe. not the biggest car ever, but at least i knew it was possible.

Its a new build, showhomes landscaped with a fence around it and the sales wife couldn't find the keys!!

My parents have a room 3.7x5m so ive got a good idea on size now.

Talking a meter each side & half meter front & back with the door closed. Decent I think......
Graeme
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Would it be a big job to put a double door in a 2x single setup? I'm no builder but I guess a girder along the top, job done?

No quite that simple but should be good for putting a steal beem in. Depends what the walls are if they can take the load.
Jas

9th Apr 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buying a small cottage soon with a large garage.

Cannot wait.

Outside
Enclosed forecourt front which has the benefit of being south facing.Detached Garage 20’ x 19’with up and over
door. Pedestrian door to Workshop area 27’ x 10’.

New Poll