corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Building Garage on Council Garage Plot

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Building Garage on Council Garage Plot
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone done this? My local council is offering garage bases a few streets away where tenants can construct and maintain their garage themselves. Just wondering if anyone is done it and what the usual size is of garage and if it has to be concrete or could i build a wooden one? apparently the rent is only about £100 a year
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to find out what is the size of the plot.
Also what happens if they decide to stop renting the plots? What happens to the garage?

Build maximum to plot imho..

Wooden one is probably a no go due to fire hazard. I have no idea tbh..

Concrete ones can be had cheap enough off ebay

[Edited on 22-02-2013 by daymoon]

House day

[Edited on 22-02-2013 by daymoon]
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really house day as its not going to be at home
I imagine they would have to give me notice, and i would build it so it is disassembled easily
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All depends on size of plots. If would go for it anyway. a basic single garage on ebay can be had for 300 quid... if you can build a bigger one then it's a bonus.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Building Garage on Council Garage Plot 22 database queries in 0.0100119 seconds