corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub Box, ok with Sealant ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub Box, ok with Sealant ?
Cavey

User status: Offline
4th May 03 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i know this should be in the ICE and Electrics really, but i need a quick answer really..

I have mademy own box, and it's well KINDA dodgy

Should i fill in the gaps with Sealant or is it all right with small gaps between the pieces ? Gonna carpet it anyway, just wondered about the sound qual.
dannycorsa c

4th May 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any gaps on the out side fill with wood filler then on the inside seal every joint with silicone and let it dry.all boxs that are made buy companys are sealed with slicone and it should be fine.use plenty 2 ensure no air can leak out!
Kris TD

4th May 03 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seal the inside of the box with fibreglass filler, will seal it and make it stronger, suprizing the difference it can make.

will sound shit with gaps in it mate, might aswell not be in a box.
TOMAS

5th May 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah and let it FULLY dry before you drop youre sub in cos ive heard cases where the gas given of by the sealent can eat away at parts of the sub i.e the glue on the surround and the surround itself. It will fart like mad with gaps and sound pants!!
Cavey

5th May 03 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eeeek, well it's in the car @ the moment with the gaps, gonna seal it later in the week, took me about 6 hours yesterday to put in false floors and install the amp, and wire it and everything and to be honest, couldn't be arsed yesterday so i'll sort it in the week, got some Polyfilla and Silicone sealant stuff

Should't take too long...

New Poll