corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Redtop corsa Not starting!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop corsa Not starting!!
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
6th Aug 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it? I thought that was a Distrubutor!! lol!!
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, they have a rotor arm inside.

Like has been said, check all the wiring and the crank sensor. Which is the bit on the front bottom left of the block. Try a different one in there, most big block ones from scrap yard.
Aidan-Fleming

6th Aug 12 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is that photo a Coilpack or a Distrubitor? Okay will do thanks
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coil pack

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Aidan-Fleming

6th Aug 12 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay thank you
Aidan-Fleming

6th Aug 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after work today I took the battery out then, drained the water, then removed rad and fan as I've bought new ones. then I found the power steering pipes, so removed them and all the brackets, then I took the plugs off and the leads. Then removed what I thought was a Distrubutor but it's actually a coil. Then removed the Coolant temp sensor and changed it for a mates one. then re rooted some wires. And came across a dodgy wire which I believe is the ignition live. So fixed that. Then put all the plugs and leads etc back on and decided to see if it starts. And it did but turned it bck off as there's no water or rad or fan on. But least it's actually starting now. But until I get a rad and fan I dunno if it's spluttery once it's started. Or can I leave it for 5 mins without water and rad?

Thanks for everyones help!
Joey 1.6 sport

7th Aug 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No don't run car that long with no rad or water possibility your do engine damage
Aidan-Fleming

7th Aug 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah totally, just turned it over and then off again

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll