corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Earth problem on Corsa redtop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Earth problem on Corsa redtop
Davejs

User status: Offline
7th Apr 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need some help on the earth points on my redtop, I have no action on the speedo clocks and have been told that it could b an earth? I've got 3 earths on the fuel rail 1 at the alternater end, 1 from the neg battery going to bulkhead, 1 going from gear selector to chassisand then there's 1 going to the gear selector as well thick brown like the neg battery wire that's connected! I think my starting/charging loom is damaged?? Would this cause the speedo clocks to not work and no battery or oil light or eml light? It's a 99 Corsa sport, are all Corsa starting/charging looms the same??
reecegsi

7th Apr 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To make things plug and play you should be running the standard charging loom that was on the original engine in your car from factory and about speedo etc green wire connected? all earths you have are same as mine so they should be ok

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by reecegsi]
Davejs

7th Apr 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm running the original Corsa starter loom so it's plug and play but the loom has been damaged at some point because the neg battery wire shows signs of over heating and melted by previous owner? The battery is charging when car is running, but no lights on dash? And all wired in footwell have been connected like for like apart from a red wire in the 9 pin plug?
reecegsi

9th Apr 12 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull clocks out and have a look behind them see whats going on and are they electric or mechanical?
dewismotorsport

10th Apr 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check all fuses, Replace starter loom, clean all earth points
Davejs

10th Apr 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clocks are electric and all fuses are fine, it's as if the clocks are getting a dodgy signal, could it be that the previous owner melted the black red wire that goes from the starter to ignition switch and it melted through the grey plug that connects in the engine bay, dash to starter loom, no signs of damage at the plug, the battery's charging when the car is running?? Replace starter loom or cut out the grey connecting plug and wire in manually??

New Poll