corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to fit your electric sunroof, asked for by KeithSRi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to fit your electric sunroof, asked for by KeithSRi
jm960326

User status: Offline
   28th Apr 03 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How to fit an electric sunroof.

Parts required:
1) Motor – from either Vectra, Carlton or Astra.
2) Switch – Standard switch with Vectra carlton.
3) Wiring loom – Wire from motor to switch.
4) Surround – from either Vectra or astra (carlton 1”too big)
5) 20Amp fuse and cable

Firstly unscrew current handle at the screw in the centre of the unit. Remove the handle and then prise out the interior light carefully. You can then disconnect this as it is easier and doesn’t get in the way. Remove the 2 screws holding the surround in place where the interior light is. Pull away the seal around the sunroof and the surround should drop out.

Now it is easier to get your live feed to the sunroof. I wired mine direct to a main feed so that it can be use with the ignition switched off. As this was the case the feed came direct from the battery, fused close to it with a 20A fuse. The wire can be routed through the engine bay, through the rubber grommet behind the glove box, then up the side A frame of the car, under the roof lining to the sunroof itself.

You need to make sure your motor is set into the correct starting position before putting it in the car. Link the motor to the switch and then to a live feed. Press the tilt button until the motor stops moving. Then press tilt again, if the motor moves again keep the button depressed until it stops. Once it has stopped for the second time, this means the motor thinks it is in the tilt position, press the retract button until the motor stops again, now this should be the closed position for the motor.

You can now screw the motor into the roof of the car, the holes are already there and it just requires the two bolts. Attach the live feed from your battery to the motor live. Do not link the end to the battery under the bonnet just yet. Attach the switch to the surround, it should only fit in one way. Make sure you have now attached the cables to you switch from the motor. IE loom. Screw your sunroof surround into the roof, again into the holes that are already there, also link the brown earth cables from the motor and switch to one of the bolts so that it is grounded.

Now replace the seal around the sunroof and replace the interior light back where it came from. Link the main feed to the battery and test the motor. You should find all is working well.

There is a small section on the motor that you can see turning if you remove the sliding panel in the surround. If the motor sticks initially, the rotating section has a small screw looking button in the middle of it, press this in and give a little turn. Then try the motor again.

All should now work fine.

robJ

28th Apr 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good guide
Joff

28th Apr 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the small screw looking button in the middle??
jm960326

28th Apr 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my motor for the roof, if you watch it when in motion you can see a section turning. In the middle of this turning section is a small button type thing that you could say looks like a screw head, flat type.
keithSRi

28th Apr 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one jm960326 im gonna do that when i get the piece of vectra trim, also got some vectra lockless door handles whilst i was there
jm960326

28th Apr 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob
Joff

29th Apr 03 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what is this small button type thing??

I've got the electric sunroof and I can see the part you mention, but I want to know what it IS
corsa_sport_white

29th Apr 03 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite sounds not too hard. how much would all the parts cost you approximately?
jm960326

29th Apr 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £20 for motor and extra £3 for switch surround and loom.
Fear

29th Apr 03 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want a picture and words guide by this months total vauxhall it does it in there!!!!!
jm960326

29th Apr 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I noticed today!!

New Poll