corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » A0 Printer Recommendation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A0 Printer Recommendation
Bart

User status: Offline
19th Jun 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking for an A0 printer, ideally network based and colour if anyone has any personal recommendations?

It'll mainly be printing CAD drawings and not looking to spend thousands.

[Edited on 19-06-2012 by Bart]
pow
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company I work with uses a HP one, can't remember the model off the top of my head though!
mwg

19th Jun 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where I work we have a HP Designjet T770 A1 model. You can get an A0 version of it. It prints CAD drawings 99% of the time, photos the other 1%.

I still have a quote for the A0 model:

"£2200 + £195 delivery & installation

Lease rental option over 3 years to include T770 printer as above would be £238.90 per quarter

Note: lease rentals are 100% tax deductible"

Personally, I would go for a lease rental as it means you get a new printer every 3 years and it includes any maintenance. Without the maintenance plan you are talking £200 just on the call out charge plus labour time & parts cost so it would only take one call out charge to pay for itself. Plus you keep up to date with a new machine every 3 years. & it's tax deductible.

We didn't go for the maintenance plan for some reason... I put it forward to the bosses but they wanted to own it outright for some reason. Think they are expecting me to fix it if it goes wrong

[Edited on 19-06-2012 by mwg]
Bart

19th Jun 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Where I work we have a HP Designjet T770 A1 model. You can get an A0 version of it. It prints CAD drawings 99% of the time, photos the other 1%.

I still have a quote for the A0 model:

"£2200 + £195 delivery & installation

Lease rental option over 3 years to include T770 printer as above would be £238.90 per quarter

Note: lease rentals are 100% tax deductible"

Personally, I would go for a lease rental as it means you get a new printer every 3 years and it includes any maintenance. Without the maintenance plan you are talking £200 just on the call out charge plus labour time & parts cost so it would only take one call out charge to pay for itself. Plus you keep up to date with a new machine every 3 years. & it's tax deductible.

We didn't go for the maintenance plan for some reason... I put it forward to the bosses but they wanted to own it outright for some reason. Think they are expecting me to fix it if it goes wrong

[Edited on 19-06-2012 by mwg]

Thanks MWG.
Do you have a link where thats from?
mwg

19th Jun 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got ours from Entwistle Group as we have an account with them and already used them for plotter consumables: http://www.entwistlegroup.co.uk/products/198/hewlett-packard.php

Rang them up for the price and they then emailed me a full breakdown. It looks like the T770 has been replaced by the T790 now.
sc0ott

19th Jun 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use a hp designjet 800 for colour and a xerox 6604 for black and white prints.
AndyKent

20th Jun 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have an HP t2300 which is probably twice the price of what mwg posted so likely not of use to you, but on the rental front I'd entirely agree.

Tax deductible, all maintenance costs included and scheduled up front, not our problem if it does wrong (except the inconvenience). Works out pretty cheap in the scheme of things, think we pay about £125/month.

New Poll