corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Printer recommendation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Printer recommendation
Whittie

User status: Offline
16th Aug 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a new printer, and have absolutely no idea about them!

I tend to print around 6 invoices a day, a couple of letters and envelopes, I currently use a lexmark thing, but is slow as hell and ink is so bloody expensive for it!

Would it be worth investing in a decent printer set up? I spend around £50 on ink per month at the minute.

Is it worth getting a laser printer? Something like this; http://www.ebuyer.com/product/147922

How long does the "ink" last in these, before having to replace?

Thanks for any help...
ed

16th Aug 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For your needs you'd be better off with a laser printer as they are fast. The toner is pretty expensive but they do last a long time. In our office we've got about 6 people using the HP colour laser and it seems to need a new black toner every 6 months or so. Just do your research on how pricey the toner is before choosing and the figures from HP on how many pages you get seem to be fairly accurate.
dan_m1les

16th Aug 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a laser printer at work which has 4 ink cartridges, these are replaced pretty much every other week at a cost of £300 per cartridge.
Sam
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy good laser printers from about £50 these days - check places out like eBuyer.

I got my Samsung laser about a year or two ago, cost me £30 from Staples at the time and I'm still using the original toner! I will probably buy another laser when it runs out rather than new toner as a) it'll be cheaper and b) I want something that can connect directly to my router rather than USB only.

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by Sam]
Planty02

16th Aug 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At Work we use HP Laser printers for stand-alone printing. Latest model is the Laserjet P1006 and are very good.

Fairly quick (mono only). I think they're about £70-80 to buy from amazon and cartridges can be found for about £30-40 I believe

EDIT: http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=HP+Laserjet+P1006&hl=en&aq=f

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by Planty02]
AndyKent

16th Aug 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got a Samsung ML-1665 mono a couple of weeks back. Brilliant quality. I'm having all my invoice and letter templlates printed up professionally and then whack on the text at home.

£60 on Amazon but I got it half price with a load of vouchers.
bigboykarl

17th Aug 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always find epson printers very cheap on ink....but i watched a gadget show special on photo quality printers and kodak came out tops
pow
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a couple of old HP B&W lasers which seem to go forever on one £90 toner.

New Poll