corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » boot illumination

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boot illumination
corsa_sport_white

User status: Offline
27th Apr 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a stealth shelf in now, just lookin for something to finish off the bottom of it. Maybe gonna spray that bit white and fit a neon. The only thing puttin me off a neon is, i've only seen ones that connect to the lighter or battery. Is there any way u can get battery powered ones i.e. not the car battery, but a seperate battery for it. Anyone got any ideas?
digitalbanana

27th Apr 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh...shop around...we had a place called 'mens Den' in town...the sold UV and other neons cheap....just try some of the novelty type shops.
corsa_sport_white

27th Apr 03 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate. anybody know of any websites that do these?
Kris TD

27th Apr 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just get a 12v car one and wire it up to the boot light
corsa_sport_white

27th Apr 03 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos im a muppet that cant wire for shit
Kris TD

27th Apr 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a mate too then, its very very simple.
corsa_sport_white

27th Apr 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite u got some more details?
Bonus

27th Apr 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Kris says, u need a 12v light.
Run the wires round to where your boot light is.
Pull out the boot light, if you still want it to shine when the boot is opened as well as ure new neon, then connect the positive of the neon to the positive terminal on the light and the negative to the negative terminal.

If you dont want ure current boot light to on with the new neon in, then disconnect the positve from the light and connect it direct to ure neon positive and the same with the negative.

Easy!
corsa_sport_white

27th Apr 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right don't sound too hard. how do i get to these wires, just pop off the boot light plastic cover is it?
moddedcorsa

27th Apr 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this sounds cool, but only problem i have is, thats i dont have a boot light, just a plastic blanking plate where the light goes, and no wires
neoquip

28th Apr 03 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moddedcorsa.... we can do a neon that can light your boot up.. £23.50... check out the universal neon light bar on our web site www.neoquip.com
wire it from your battery.. add a switch.. that way you can turn it on when you need to.. from your boot!

c0r5a_gsi

28th Apr 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moddedcorsa: you could just get one of those alarm/courtesy light switches and put that in your boot, the switch only makes contact when the bar part is fully extended, so when the boot is closed, it will push down on the switch, break the contact, and turn the neon off.

Like this : http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030428172909313&moduleno=3176&modulecode=

[Edited on 28-04-2003 by c0r5a_gsi]
Rob H

28th Apr 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c0r5a_gsi
moddedcorsa: you could just get one of those alarm/courtesy light switches and put that in your boot, the switch only makes contact when the bar part is fully extended, so when the boot is closed, it will push down on the switch, break the contact, and turn the neon off.

Like this : http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030428172909313&moduleno=3176&modulecode=

[Edited on 28-04-2003 by c0r5a_gsi]

That switch is too short, so if yo uput it in, it wont turn the light off.

The wiring for the rear bootlight is taped up in the loom for the rear light on the left hand side of the car. If you pull the small panel off, you should be able to get at it, otherwise you'll need to take the panel off, using a T25 Torx driver (£4.50 form halfords). There will be a connector block on the end of the wire, so you'll see it easy. Anyway, use two female blade connectors and push them over the two blades in the connector block.

Simple

Oh you'll need the boot switch of a car with the boot light already in it, or get one from Vauxhall (shouldnt be much).

Rob
moddedcorsa

28th Apr 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, yeah ive had the pannel off before when wiring in my led brake light. Never really looked 4 the wires at the time.
where is the switch located on the tailgate? is it a similar desing 2 the ones in the doors??

thanks every1

New Poll