corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B with big block hubs and shafts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B with big block hubs and shafts
benton101

User status: Offline
28th Mar 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all.

i have a corsa b and i have currently put cavalier drive shafts in. iv had the hubs machined down to length and diameter and the drivers side (long drive shaft) went together no probs and all bolted together fine. when i put the passenger side (short drive shaft) in and try and bolt it together the ball joint arm is 4mm away from bolting on to the lower arm. like the drive shaft is to long, i have been told by a few of my pals that a lot of people do it so was wondering what it could be?

i thought it might be that the whole engine is possibly 4mm to far one way but not sure.

Any help please!!
Cheers
reecegsi

28th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldbt say box is 4mm over as other shaft would have same problem both joints on shaft properly? Is it all the way in the box?
benton101

28th Mar 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh the cv's are on properly. iv given them a good thump in the box and if i try to pull them out they have a good hold.
benton101

29th Mar 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv read through a couple of other threads and a few people have said they use different outer cv joints. is this correct?
fazza

29th Mar 12 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a gearbox spacer fitted?

that would push it over more than enough
benton101

29th Mar 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 2x 4mm spacers in. I thought this had to done?
Everyone says this has tobe done when doing the conversion?
Cheers

jay26

31st Mar 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shorten the n/s shaft and move the circlip groove further down, will sort all you problems had the same with mine
benton101

31st Mar 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so take the cv joint off and get the shaft shortened and the circlip groove machined further down the splines.
Cheers
Vauxdan88

1st Apr 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the exact same problem mate. I've got a box spacer in and off side shaft fits perfect got all that side built up,but if I link track rod up to knuckle on near side it turns the lot and won't straighten up,im going to the scrappy Tuesday to get a n/s shaft from an equal length setup,I've read it fits straight in no mods required,il let you know the outcome if you want,hopefully il get one with good cvs

New Poll