corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue C20LET Build

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue C20LET Build
thegsi

User status: Offline
4th Nov 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by slinky
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
I no

But I really didnt enjoy it one bit.

Im hoping for a newer car next that is fairly quick but reliable at the same time, so something like ctr or leon cupra or even a bmw if I can afford one.

Just make sure you replace as many parts as you can on yours to ensure it runs spot on
honda all the way.. Don't forget the integra type r (DC2)
Amazing Cars...

No not Honda all the way. Don't go Jap. Go for a Cupra. Shame bout that Jay but as you said if you're not happy then there's no point. Good luck with your next project though
slinky

5th Nov 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:
Originally posted by slinky
quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
I no

But I really didnt enjoy it one bit.

Im hoping for a newer car next that is fairly quick but reliable at the same time, so something like ctr or leon cupra or even a bmw if I can afford one.

Just make sure you replace as many parts as you can on yours to ensure it runs spot on
honda all the way.. Don't forget the integra type r (DC2)
Amazing Cars...

No not Honda all the way. Don't go Jap. Go for a Cupra. Shame bout that Jay but as you said if you're not happy then there's no point. Good luck with your next project though
Nick-S

5th Nov 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did you get for it?
G0jka

24th Nov 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the person tht took the car off jays hands came to collect the old motosport driveshafts on sat night, he took me and jay out in the car for a spin and within a 3-4mile top drive he lost all of the water in the coolant, yet again something has broke on it, personally i think that IF the conversion had been done PROPERLY and not bodged then maybe he could of had some fun it it. i am speaking for no1else but myself, i no a bit about cars and i would highly advise anyone not to go to beardy, dates wernt met, he said the conversion would cost X amount and that the car would run PROPERLY and be able to get through an mot, i personally think he put the engine in wired it up turned the key and started it, the exhaust bracket snapped, the coilevers were too low on the front (easily put right buyt thats not the point) the gearlinage was welded in such a way that the gearstick was nearly in first wen it was in neutral, which broke anyway. it was bodged in the time it took to put in and collect the quality of the workmanship was shit (being polite there)

please note these are my opinions and not jays

[Edited on 24-11-2008 by G0jka]
FruitBooTeR

24th Nov 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont care anymore lol

I agree with parts but not all of it.. Beardy is not a cowboy lol he does no his stuff etc and I wouldnt bad rep him BUT I do agree from what some people have showed me who know a little something about cars is that SOME things could of had more time and effort put in.

Too late now though.

And mabi if the budget was endless things would have been differnt....
G0jka

24th Nov 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf i would agree he does no stuff yeh but obviously does not put enough time in the cars, i have herd off a few people not to go to beardy and i would agree from wot i have seen.....
BeArDy

25th Nov 08 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to here your comments.
I can only comment on what i know and what you have said.
I finished the conversion for Jay and never had time to test drive the car (at most up and down the road) or use the car for a while to sort little teething problems out, as the car needed some finishing to make it road legal.

quote:
lost all of the water in the coolant

As for loosing coolant i would say a hose popped off? If so then how is this "bodged"?

quote:

he said the conversion would cost X amount and that the car would run PROPERLY and be able to get through an mot

Dates where not met because of a number of reasons which i told jay all threw the build which where down to missing parts as jay supplied most of the engine, As for money the price never changed only to add on cost of missing parts and extra work jay asked for, am i suppose to work for free?. The car left me running fine, well it got jay over 100+miles home? AND i NEVER said it would get threw an MOT.
ALSO i would never say the car would run properly as JAY supplied the engine and parts SO how could i say the engine would be fine when i never saw or know about the engine he bought.
IF the engine went pop within 2 days would this be my fault?
I fixed a number of problems on the supplied parts for free to make the engine run fine to help jay out, like a broken ECU etc as i said when people are on a budject.......

quote:

the exhaust bracket snapped, the coilevers were too low on the front

Jay knew about this when he left, the full car was too low meaning the exhaust was catching the floor, I can only put the exhaust in the tunnel. If the customer wants the car as low as poss then what do i do....

quote:

the gearlinage was welded in such a way that the gearstick was nearly in first wen it was in neutral

The linkage was supplied by jay as it came with the full conversion he bought (already for a F28 into a corsa), because of cost/money i only modded one section to make it work so he would not have the extra cost of buying a full new linkage and me remake it all.

The problem was Jay was on a budjet for the conversion he wanted to do it for as little as possible. He went and sorced an engine himself etc.
Jay never had the timing belt replace or water pump is this because of my "BODGE" or is be because the customer dosent want to spend the money in the right places.

Like i say i can only comment on when the car left me, i do not know what work was done after the car left.

I take you comment lightly and please find out the full story before commenting as you see there was alot of thing not known IF you feel so strongly about this then feel free to contact me direct as sometime i find it hard to get online.

But like said all input is welcome

[Edited on 25-11-2008 by BeArDy]
Anton2K3

25th Nov 08 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy, I dont even know the full ins and outs, just what I have read on the thread, and what you have said is exactly how is comes across if people care to read back a few pages. So, everyone else, rather than jumping on that corsasport bandwagon you like to ride oh so much, just read the thread!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Nov 08 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant do these sort of conversions on small budgets.
Olsrey

25th Nov 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

Well said.
B3KAN

25th Nov 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
quote:
Originally posted by willay

Well said.

<<  10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue C20LET Build 24 database queries in 0.0152559 seconds