corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SXI Exhaust Systems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SXI Exhaust Systems
Adam_lee

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening All! Ive got a bit of a problem, Its in the shape of KFC bucket someone has stuffed down the front of my engine. "what do you mean its my catalytic converter?" ITS HUGE and all is doing is heating up my engine bay like an oven and choking the engine. Sooooooo what im after is a CAT replacement pipe. Does anybody with a corsa B sxi have one? or a repacement manifold? if so will you let me know where you got it from!

As for the rest of the system, I have a stainless steel piper back box and a cracked standard mid section. I was just gonna get rid of the mid section and put the stainless piper in. But apparently its a diffrent bore size to the back box (well so im told). So i wanna go all the way and buy a full system possibaly with a cat replacement pipe. Any recomendations?

Does anybody have the piper system on the sxi and is it any good, more important does it sound sweet?

well theres enough questions to keep you busy. Thanks lads (and ladys)
supacorsa

23rd Apr 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try talking sence and look in demon tweaks or speak to powerflow for a decat pipe
Adam_lee

23rd Apr 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WOW that was helpful!! What would I have ever done without that inventive sterling piece of advice??? Anybody with a constructive reply?
Adam_lee

23rd Apr 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Trotty

23rd Apr 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVD offer de-cat pipes.How about one of those, and the rest as a custom system from someone like Powerflow or LongLife?

http://www.pvdnet.co.uk
http://www.exhausts.uk.com

HTH
Gambit

24th Apr 03 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your exhaust system is the same diameter from the downpipe back, so you can just get a stainless steel replacment pipe in place of the standard box (powerflow will do u one for £40)

as for your cat, if it is part of the actual downpipe, and not seperate (as on a lot of other engined corsa's), then your basically fuked, because you have to cut it out, and that means you cant put it back in when you go for your MOT (you'll fail without it)

only thing i suggest is to get your car on a set of ramps and have a look at the cat from the underside, and if its bolted into the system then your laughing (just get a de-cat), but if it part of the downpipe then just leave it.

New Poll