corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Home network access point/router help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home network access point/router help
Chrissy
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Dec 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there's a few network buffs on here..

I've got an Ethernet cable running upstairs to the loft from my Sky router that currently plugs into a pc.

I need a wireless connection up there running on the same SSID as the sky router so I don't need to keep switching networks as I move around the house. Would it be a wireless access point I'm after? That would let me connect an Ethernet cable to my pc and still and have a wireless connection for the iPad etc?

Also would an 802.11n router be able run at N speeds etc if it's using the same SSID as the G router?

Cheers guys.

[Edited on 19-12-2011 by Chrissy]

>>>> Chris <<<<

Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Dec 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently set up a couple of Wireless N 300 access points at home running off our Sky router, they are the Tenda W306R routers.

Set up was a pain in the arse due to broken English set up screens lol, but once I figured it out they have been fine ever since and I get full WiFi signal anywhere in the house or even outside!

I also turned the wireless off the Sky router as you don't need it any more (and our Sky router only has wireless G not N).

[Edited on 19-12-2011 by Sam]

New Poll