corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice on RE-Spraying Mirrors

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice on RE-Spraying Mirrors
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
20th Apr 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh kris i think ur confusing spraying with REspraying. and no im not the big shot, i got loads to learn but in the 4 years ive done bodywork id like to think ive learned something. and funny enuff i dont come from a shell. and i wouldnt even have started this argument with u if u hadnt of quoted my first response and then wrote 'bullshit' normally i would leave you to do things ur own way, even tho its a waste of time but coz u were ignorant thats why i cant leave it.
STEvieXE

20th Apr 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even when ive done this 4 30 years i still wouldnt say i knew everything as u can never know enuff. So NO i dont think i know everything
troublesome

20th Apr 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EASY EASY PAINT SPRAYERS....HOLD UR COKS IN PLACE
STEvieXE

20th Apr 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres only one painter in this argument and thats me.
Richie

20th Apr 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL you aint even a painter from what uve said! uve just said uve seen cars painted like that!!
STEvieXE

20th Apr 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a panel beater but i also paint. like on friday i painted a Delorean bumper
Kris TD

20th Apr 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieN.I.
well u think u know it all dont u. thats why ull already know that when ur car goes in for a full respray that it wouldnt be flatted back to bare metal and re primed etc. the paint will be flatted down and the new top coat applied onto the old paint then lacquered. ive seen more cars painted this way than enough so dont try to tell me how to do my job. how do u think new paint is blended into old? cars only need reprimed if the original paint is in very bad nick or for dents/scores etc that cant be flatted out. why dont we put it to the test by putting up a post to the proper bodymen out there. u know the ones who have there time served and work in approved bodyshops like me. not to a guy who does a bit of painting at home. what do u actually do for a living kris?

you meen like my dad then. he owned his own company doin this for 25 years so i think i trust him, im an engineer by trade.
STEvieXE

20th Apr 03 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im a panel beater by trade. so ur dad painted for 25 years. but he says u cant flat back old paint and repaint. must have been the pick of the crop of painters
Kris TD

20th Apr 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read my reply in your other post.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll