corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tesco Shite!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tesco Shite!!!
rollin

User status: Offline
   16th Apr 03 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get insured with tescos!!! dont do it go to a proper company tescos are a bunch of clueless wankers. they have not sorted my claim which is still on goin after 12months and im now gettin penalised and losin my ncb for a crash which werent my fault and the other party accepted liability for 7 months ago! total pricks in my honest opinion! it has also ruined my plans to get a new car and so i have to go on my mums policy now as i cant even afford to get reinsured on mmy corsa under my own name now? as this premium went up around 60% from 12months ago!! lol and they said it was cos of the war
bobothebear

16th Apr 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree mate, Tesco are a bunch of turds.
Had to send in photocopies of reciepts for stuff that got nicked 3 times because they magically didn't receive them.
Even though I sent them Recorded Delivery.
They say they will ring you the next day and never do.
You also don't get a Courtesy Car which is really useful.
My premium went up by £200 for a £100 claim. So i changed to a proper company and got a quote for less than my 1st Tesco Policy.
Jason Iles

16th Apr 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm insured with these as they were the cheapest has this happened to alot of people then I don't want this to happen if anything did ever happen to my car
whitter45

16th Apr 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im with them too and it took them 3 months to send me a certificate of insurance as they kept saying they had sent it to me. i ended being pulled up by the cops cos my tax had run out and i couldnt get it renewed until i got the certificate. i explained to them and they said i wasnt the first lad they had stopped who had had this same problem with TESCO insurance. TESCO are dickheads but they are the cheapest by a mile i found
Jason Iles

16th Apr 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This does not sound good I think mines due renewal soon so I will shop around.

Thanks for the warning guys
broster
Premium Member

16th Apr 03 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try nfu mutual, v good with claims an stuff, not the cheapest but they treat u really well
jm960326

16th Apr 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was insured with them as they were cheapest at first. Well till I got caught speedin and they tried to add an extra £80 on top for my ticket! Moved to directline, they were cheaper than the tesco initial re-newall! If your over 21 try prudential too they were cheap.
JohnSRi

16th Apr 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For my renewal Tesco tossers wanted £2319 for my SRi this year (£800 up on last year) coz some twat cut me up, i crashed, then he buggered off. However liverpool victoria quoted £862 including alloys, lowering, exhaust & my recently aquired SP30. Bargain!
jr

16th Apr 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was ringing around today and tescos wanted £1700 with the lowering claimed 4 my car, went to liverpool vic and they qouted me just under 1600 and they only charge for engine mods
Makarus

16th Apr 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am with Tesco, paying £1700, took 2 months for a claim to go though, I got a courtesy car but only because I was hassling them and their solicitors. Got a decent 1.2 16V Corsa C Comfort.

But I will not be renewing my policy at the end of the year.
jm960326

17th Apr 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell U lot pay a lot! I only pay £400 fully comp 2yrs NCB 1xSP30, well it is only a 1.2ls R reg. But still £1600+ what the hell, how old U lot?
StuartVRS

17th Apr 03 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, tesco suck.

I had a mk4 Fiesta Zetec loaded with mods, all declared and it cost 700 quid. I claimed for 700 quid worth of stereo equipment that was stolen and i got the money within a month which i was rather impressed with however when renewal came around, i had added a cat1 alarm and no stereo equipment this time and they then wanted 1700 quid.
kenny2many

17th Apr 03 at 04:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought CIS were the best around?

i wouldnt go with tescos as they dont let u touch ur car mod wise like! Infact i wouldnt even shop there!
Demo

17th Apr 03 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TESCO insurance is shite. go with ASDA instead
StuartVRS

17th Apr 03 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kenny2many
i thought CIS were the best around?

i wouldnt go with tescos as they dont let u touch ur car mod wise like! Infact i wouldnt even shop there!

Not technically true, lowering was free and i was covered free for up to 1000 worth of stereo equip, but i agree they are shite
moddedcorsa

17th Apr 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c with liverpool victoria, what happens if u get pulled by the pigs and they ask 2 c if ure modds are covered?? As this happened 2 a mate and his mods werent covered and he got a fine (cant member wot ins comp he was with) Basically i dont want this to happen as the documentation i got wen i insured my modded corsa with liv vic doesnt mention mods, They said they dont need exact specs, as long as in the event of a claim i can prove i had the parts on my car, either by photo or recipts?
Anybody else insured with liverpool victoria with mods??

[Edited on 17-04-2003 by moddedcorsa]
Pete G

17th Apr 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm insured with liverpool victoria and in my documents all my mods are put under catagorys like alloys are under wheel/tyre modifications and my sideskirts are under body/kit car mods and for my backbox its just exhaust mod

New Poll