corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sound Bars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sound Bars
James

User status: Offline
7th Jul 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are these any good? I've got 5.1 surround sound but I'm not really a fan of having speakers all over the place. I've read the some sound bars are as good as 5.1.

Thoughts?
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at whathifi.com. I've heard quite a lot good stuff about these.

Never think I could settle for one myself, but if you're not THAT fussed, I think you get a lot from your money.

Also, if you get 75 % of the sound from 50 % of the price and with 20 % of the speaker and cable mess, then that seems like a fair deal.

John

8th Jul 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, but will never be as good as speakers surrounding you.
Dom

8th Jul 11 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really need a decent room to make the best use of one. I've yet to hear a decent one in a home setup other than in a treated listening room where the Panorama sounded ok. Better off spending the money on some decent satellite speakers - have a look at B&Ws range.
I'd also stay well away from WhatHiFi/Cinema as they are extremely biased in their reviews; better off looking and asking on AVS forums or AVForums.

New Poll