corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » one of the nicest installs out there (built by soundgallery in Wycombe)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author one of the nicest installs out there (built by soundgallery in Wycombe)
SteveW

User status: Offline
27th Jul 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.soundgallery.co.uk/live/system_of_month.html

its a 1984 Mk1 Golf...

dread to think how much money/time went into building this.. its some of the greatest work i have ever seen

Steve
mwg

27th Jul 05 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think the pictures show it off very well, too dark but maybe its just me!

What are buzz bars?
loo_goblin

27th Jul 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats kool, u see sum in show cars tho which look as if the person has just randomlly chucked about 10 speakers at there door and where they land is where he puts them

love the sub shere
RKS

27th Jul 05 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is well nice. really impressed by that!! it inspires me to do a custom dash in my motor,
ash_corsa

27th Jul 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What are buzz bars?

Where u use metal pipes / bars instead of wires, then u just clamp onto the buzz bar where u want a speaker. so u dont have wires trailing everywhere.

[Edited on 27-07-2005 by ash_corsa]
Wrighty

27th Jul 05 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bling
toxic

27th Jul 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that looks crap. Dont think i could do anyhting close to it but still i think it look's crap
AJP

27th Jul 05 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boy69
I dont think the pictures show it off very well, too dark but maybe its just me!

What are buzz bars?

I agree about the pictures. I would certainly like to see the car in person. Knowing the finshing quality of sound gallery it will be an awewsomee car.
cdcool1

27th Jul 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
quote:
What are buzz bars?

Where u use metal pipes / bars instead of wires, then u just clamp onto the buzz bar where u want a speaker. so u dont have wires trailing everywhere.

They are called Buss Bars, and they are not used for speaker outputs, they are used as power rails for amps and batteries.
Dom

27th Jul 05 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cdcool1
quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
quote:
What are buzz bars?

They are called Buss Bars, and they are not used for speaker outputs, they are used as power rails for amps and batteries.

yes but in this case they've used them for the speaker outputs - good idea, but i wouldnt like anything to short between them
cdcool1

27th Jul 05 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, however the way he said it "you can just clamp on a speaker where you want it" makes it sound for general use, and the impedance loading of the amps will get messed up.

I haven't really looked at the photos, however i can't imagine it sounds good if they are using buss bars for speaker outputs! No sheilding against noise (which there is a lot of in cars!), more connections than necessary which means higher resistance which will effect the output response

I've never seen buss bars used in this way before
myke

27th Jul 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldn't think it's the same one, but i've seen a mk1 golf down there before with amps in the doors.
Dom

28th Jul 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, however the way he said it "you can just clamp on a speaker where you want it" makes it sound for general use, and the impedance loading of the amps will get messed up.

I haven't really looked at the photos, however i can't imagine it sounds good if they are using buss bars for speaker outputs! No sheilding against noise (which there is a lot of in cars!), more connections than necessary which means higher resistance which will effect the output response

tbh though, i cant see them making THAT much of a difference otherwise they wouldnt do it - and i cant see sound quality being reduced a great deal.

however, i agree i would have put some sort of shielding on them or atleast place a plastic coating on the bars to reduce them being shorted etc
cdcool1

28th Jul 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

tbh though, i cant see them making THAT much of a difference otherwise they wouldnt do it - and i cant see sound quality being reduced a great deal.

however, i agree i would have put some sort of shielding on them or atleast place a plastic coating on the bars to reduce them being shorted etc

You would be suprised, especially if they are near any other wires

And yes, they would do it just for looks. I see many "show" cars, even done by respectable companies, with 6x9's plastered all over, enough treble to make you sick and lots of distortion because they don't care how it sounds, they are just trying to make something that looks good to your average burberry wearing joe so he'll buy more gear

New Poll