corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Sensation

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Sensation
Bissmire

User status: Offline
5th May 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it has been reviewed but I havnt read any. Dont think Engadget have reviewed it and thats what I normally read. Havnt got a clue about performance slowing down though.

[Edited on 05-05-2011 by Bissmire]
Robbo

5th May 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Just read the full GS 2 review on Engadget. Look like a really good phone even if they have pinched a lot of ideas from Apple.

Already there are a lot of websites/people comparing it to the iPhone 4 but at the end of the day the iPhone 4 is 12 month old hardware.
Precisely the point, when they add the A5, update the screen and cameras, iOS5, memory maybe and add NFC (one of the reaosns for the delay to their usual release IMO) then it'll undoubtedly blow it out fo the water. still a very neat bit of kit for non-apple fanboys tho! very thin too
A2H GO

5th May 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Just read the full GS 2 review on Engadget. Look like a really good phone even if they have pinched a lot of ideas from Apple.

Already there are a lot of websites/people comparing it to the iPhone 4 but at the end of the day the iPhone 4 is 12 month old hardware.
Precisely the point, when they add the A5, update the screen and cameras, iOS5, memory maybe and add NFC (one of the reaosns for the delay to their usual release IMO) then it'll undoubtedly blow it out fo the water. still a very neat bit of kit for non-apple fanboys tho! very thin too

They will defo do everything you've pointed out apart from the screen IMO. Its been 12 months and im still yet to see a better phone screen.

Engadget have gone as far to say the GS 2 screen is better than iPhone 4 but purely on the basis that its bigger however forums are already full of people complaining about colour banding on the GS 2 screen, whatever that is.
John

5th May 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone won't blow anything out of the water, it never does (apart from the screen of the 4).

It'll have the same specs as the android stuff out just now.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone get the best HTC phone and the best Iphone and tell me why the iphone is better

i dont care for "i just prefer the iphone" i want comparisons about which is better and why, funciontality, design, ease of use etc etc
A2H GO

5th May 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
can someone get the best HTC phone and the best Iphone and tell me why the iphone is better

i dont care for "i just prefer the iphone" i want comparisons about which is better and why, funciontality, design, ease of use etc etc

It wouldn't be a fair comparison as already pointed out, one is 12 months old.

[Edited on 05-05-2011 by A2H GO]
Bissmire

6th May 11 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still torn between the two I prefer the look of Sense over TouchWiz but have a feeling the samsung may be a better phone. Probably end up with a white iPhone What's touchwiz like, has anyone used it?
Russ

19th May 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out today? you got yours underscore?
_Allan_

19th May 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope I cancelled my pre-order and current vodafone contract. Getting a Galaxy S 2 now within the next week or so
Russ

19th May 11 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cool
Ash_EP3

19th May 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking @ getting the new HTC Sensation... after reading some reviews they are already comparing it to the Galaxy S2 and overall the S2 just pinched it (it has better media components: Camera/Audio) but not by much! They also compared the interface and still say that HTC Sense is better than Touchwiz... that would swing it for me and personally the little touches and features look far more appealing than that of the Samsung!!! Iphone5 is gonna have to be might impressive to compare to these new dual core smart phones for sure
pow
Premium Member

19th May 11 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Touchwiz is a fucking awful abomination of an OS overlay, Sence is 100000000000000000000000000x better
Doug

19th May 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as I got my new Android I rooted it and got a nice vanilla ROM on there as fast as I could. Anything other than plan Android is awful IMO.

I'm waiting for the next Nexus phone and the next iPhone to be announced. Then I will make my choice!
Bissmire

20th May 11 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was told by Carphone warehouse this was puhed back to Mid July. Maybe that is with them only as Voda still says May 19th. Think I'll get in touch today
Ash_EP3

20th May 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTC Sensation Vid

Looks epic!
Bissmire

30th Jun 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered mine, should be here tomorrow

Looked at Rooting it but seems mixed wether it will work or not yet.

Any good tweaks etc like on Cydia for iPhone?

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by Bissmire]
Toby
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
Just ordered mine, should be here tomorrow

Looked at Rooting it but seems mixed wether it will work or not yet.

Any good tweaks etc like on Cydia for iPhone?

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by Bissmire]

I wouldnt root it for a while, far to new with some really unstable roms about or root but use a generic rom.

Only reason rooting has become 'so popular' is for the desire's as they were lacking a lot on internal memory for apps, then as this was cured, new software was developed by Google/HTC and people started porting it to the desire's.
Bissmire

30th Jun 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK cool thanks, was reading up about it didnt see anything about that. Is there an Android equivelant of Cydia?
pow
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the opensource and largly free market pre-installed on the phone
Sam
Premium Member

1st Jul 11 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Android marketplace is free.
mwg

1st Jul 11 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Stop trying to make yourself better that you bought the wrong phone mate. If you hadn't bought those brakes you could of got an iPhone.
Russ

1st Jul 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can somebody get some lower arms, and some powder coated lower arms, and tell my powder coated ones are better.

i dont care for "i just prefer the pretty colour" i want comparisons about which is better and why, funciontality, design, ease of use etc etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll