corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering wheel controls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering wheel controls
DAN220486

User status: Offline
7th Apr 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi im gonna change the facia on my corsa c sxi so i can get a single din head unit, obviously cos they r better than the 2 din one vauxhall provide.

Thing is with it being a new corsa it has the steering wheel audio controls and i want to keep these as they do come in handy, and i think r pretty smart.

I know u can get an adapter facia from vauxhal which allows after market head units and room for connection to the steering wheels audio controls, although after lookin on the vaux site it says that the facia i want is only compatible with certain head units (due to it being attached to the sttering controls. Can anyone tell me what to look for on head unit specs for me to do this connection and any head units which r not too expensive but good as well.

Cheers Dan
corb

7th Apr 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on halfords website, apparently says what you need on there.

Autoleads do the facia adapter and steering wheel control adapter you need, and sony and kenwood can be used with these adapters, only certain models though.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Apr 03 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well local ice shop has ordered me a £60 alpine adapter so I can use the steering controls. they are bloody useful!
corb

7th Apr 03 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt suggest alpine as they are twice as expensive, puts most people off.
SXi_Tim

7th Apr 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about pioneer units?

New Poll