corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My new feature wall/TV set-up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My new feature wall/TV set-up
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
16th Mar 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....on Microsoft Paint!

Ive been fiddling about with the various combinations and come up with the following combination (to scale)

We have already bought the TV and the girlfriend is set on the colour and style of the feature wall so we are trying to decide what sort of fire would suit the set up (the other 3 walls in the room will be a similar cream colour to the fireplace surround)

Opinions wanted

AndyKent

16th Mar 11 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have the side panels much lighter so you don't end up with a dark room.
A2H GO

16th Mar 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have the TV lower so you don't get neck ache. Really don't get people who put them at eye level when standing when you don't generally tend to watch tv standing up.
corsaaa_16v

16th Mar 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I'd have the side panels much lighter so you don't end up with a dark room.

We were planning on matching the side walls with the colour of the pattern on the wall paper so it might be slightly off scale in terms of light/darkness

What are peoples opinions on the positioning of the TV/fireplace

Do you think the TV should be lower/higher or should the fire be higher/on the ground?
noshua

16th Mar 11 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In regards to the TV, anything higher than eye level (when sat down) will psis you off...
corsaaa_16v

16th Mar 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I'd have the TV lower so you don't get neck ache. Really don't get people who put them at eye level when standing when you don't generally tend to watch tv standing up.

The centre of the TV would be just over 4 foot off the floor which would suit the angle we would be slouching on the sofa, Im not one for sitting up straight on sofas so the angle I slouch will mean the position of the TV is about level with the angle of my head having tried it out
Hammer

16th Mar 11 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be more inclined to sit and stare at the fire with that setup.

TV is too high and the firplace would be distracting.
corsaaa_16v

17th Mar 11 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So peope think this sort of level would be more suitable?

The thread was to see what people thought of the colour/style combination between the wallpaper, the walls, the fire and the TV

Russ

17th Mar 11 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are your speakers?
corsaaa_16v

17th Mar 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The speakers will probably be mounted in all 4 corners of the room and the virgin box, dvd player, etc will probably be in a little cabinet at the right hand side
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 11 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just been doing the same in our place, we've got a Verine Eden HE fire, fits flush with no frame, can also be mounted the lowest so TV isn't as high.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Rob_Quads

17th Mar 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v

The centre of the TV would be just over 4 foot off the floor which would suit the angle we would be slouching on the sofa,

Agree 100%. Soo many people ignore this and then you go round and they are really slouched on thier sofa meaning the panel at "eye level" is actually causing them to look down all the time. If you want to have your TV at 3/4 ft then you need to make sure you are sitting prim and proper to be looking at it without tilting your head.

I've had my TV at this height for 5 years and not had a single problem.
John

17th Mar 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TV's at eye level was the correct height for the decade's CRT's were out and it worked perfectly.

Above fireplace might be the best place for it to fit on the wall in a lot of houses but it's not a sensible height.
corsaaa_16v

17th Mar 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
I've just been doing the same in our place, we've got a Verine Eden HE fire, fits flush with no frame, can also be mounted the lowest so TV isn't as high.

PM'd mate

Do you have any pics?
Cavey

17th Mar 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it wise having it over the fireplace? Surely when/if the fire is on it could damage the panel?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 11 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replied to your PM will update pics tonight finished boarding it last night, held up waiting for a HDMI cable to go in false wall!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
A2H GO

17th Mar 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even when your slouching on the sofa, if its anymorre than 3ft up, you'll still have to look up and it WILL do your head in.

Not only that the picture tends to look much better when it is at eye level, especially with the limited viewing angles of some modern LCD's. My mate has his Samsung 40inch LED TV at about eye level when standing, as soon as you sit down it looks wank and my neck was killing after a couple of hours on COD.
Rob_Quads

17th Mar 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone is slouching that means thier torso will be a an angle i.e. 30 degrees. If they keep thier head parellel to thier torso i.e. not looking up or down then thier head will also be looking up i.e. at 30 degrees.

When your TV is back by 8/10ft, You only have to be slouched back a little and you definatelt don't need to be looking up to watch the TV.

Playing a game on an LCD on a wall is a completely different ball game as changes are you have a controller / keyboard and such you are in a totally different sitting position.

I agree 100% for anything your going to be playign a sit down game with you don't want the TV very high.

If like me you just watch films/TV on your TV and slouch then it can be 4/5 ft up and once slouched your still not looking up.
A2H GO

17th Mar 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
If someone is slouching that means thier torso will be a an angle i.e. 30 degrees. If they keep thier head parellel to thier torso i.e. not looking up or down then thier head will also be looking up i.e. at 30 degrees.

When your TV is back by 8/10ft, You only have to be slouched back a little and you definatelt don't need to be looking up to watch the TV.

Playing a game on an LCD on a wall is a completely different ball game as changes are you have a controller / keyboard and such you are in a totally different sitting position.

I agree 100% for anything your going to be playign a sit down game with you don't want the TV very high.

If like me you just watch films/TV on your TV and slouch then it can be 4/5 ft up and once slouched your still not looking up.

I think you'll find when you slouch so your body is at a 30 degree angle, your head natually stays looking directly forward rather than moving to the same angle your body is at.
Rob_Quads

18th Mar 11 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe your body does but mine doesn't. I slouch back my head looks up (against the horizontal)

New Poll