corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Patio - cost?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Patio - cost?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
26th Feb 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a fairly small garden so thinking of a patio that stretches out from my french doors, an area roughly 5m x 3m.

Currently there are a couple of paving stones out there at the entrance to the door and the rest of the area is turfed. I can calculate the costs of paving slabs myself obviously, but as for the labour and other materials required for that size area, what do you reckon it would come to? I dont know anyone in the trade and I really am not a hands on person so would prefer to pay someone to do it than me try and balls it up, which I would...
Jake

27th Feb 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much soil needs to be dug out from the garden. the top of the patio should be 2 courses(bricks) down from the damp(or underside of the french doors)

if theres not much to dig out id say around 350/400quid

[Edited on 27-02-2011 by Jake]
dannymccann

27th Feb 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quite strange because the 2 patio slabs mentioned above are as you say, 2 bricks below the doors, however the garden sort of slopes upwards from there.

Also, there isnt much of the way of soil underneath the turf, its like they emptied all the crap from a disused quarry and then laid turf on top of it. We also have no rear access except through the house itself, so no way a mini digger could get in there, is that kind of stopping me going any further?
Jake

27th Feb 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, ive done work on houses where ive had to navigate through the house to get a wheel barrow in and out. can you get access to the garden by taking a fence panel down?
dannymccann

27th Feb 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even that, its a terrible design flaw, we back on to a wood
Jake

27th Feb 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing you can do mate is get a builder round to have a look. if you supply the slabs i cant see it being more than 400quid maybe abit more if you need a small retaining wall
dannymccann

27th Feb 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was always going to be the way, but nice to get an idea, thanks Jake
Chris
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.trgs.net/web_downloads/rpg8_8.3.9.zipp

Bradstone Patio Planner

This application is also sold on the Bradstonen DVD, and is specifically used to design patios.

Using complex formulae, it allows you to draw a multi sided shape and then fill it with a random laying pattern of different sized pavers.

It is also available as a free download from Bradstone's website, without losing any functionality of the DVD version.

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by Chris]

New Poll