corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » ps3 problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ps3 problem
purple_B

User status: Offline
24th Feb 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone ever had a disc stuck in the original big ps3,tried turning it on and off, just turns itself off and flashes red, nothin seems to work,any ideas apart from smashing into little pieces would be appreciated
thanks
ian
Raymond_11

24th Feb 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YLOD google it mate yellow light of death it sounds like
adiohead

24th Feb 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni3hD7zg9Bs

or:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/29193284

Hi guys...haven't posted here before but I was browsing some old posts the other night when I was trying to find help getting a disc out of my PS3 that my 2yr old son put in there. If anyone is having any problems, this is what worked for me. What is more amazing is that my son somehow managed to force 3 discs into that tiny slot...no idea how he pulled that one off.

So after two hours, a pair of tweezers, a fork, and a butterknife, I decided to try one last thing before giving up. I put the PS3 on its nose, disc tray down, held the eject button while it was on, and pushed a disc in and out of the drive. This caused whatever was in there to finally 'catch' as the drive had been trying to force everything out. After 2-3 minutes of play, a disc finally poked out. I pulled what i thought was one and two discs came out. I set it back down flat, tried to put a cheap DVD in (didn't want to test it with a $60 game) and it seemed something was still in there. I hit eject and out came the third disc. I put the DVD in reluctantly and the PS3 took it and loaded it right up. Unbelievable. After all this abuse, it's apparent these things are built like tanks.

or:

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond_11
YLOD google it mate yellow light of death it sounds like

[Edited on 24-02-2011 by adiohead]
purple_B

25th Feb 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys it was flashing yellow come to think of it
Ad Blue B

25th Feb 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easiest way to get disk out of ps3 when it has YLOD'd is to turn it off at the back, Hold power and eject buttons and turn it on at the back, the ps3 forces itself to turn on pushes the disk out and the goes off again
Bueno

25th Feb 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it all apart, head gun on the cpu and gpu and put it back together and it all works =D
purple_B

8th Mar 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys, got disc out ok and getting it fixed this week,£35 and 3 month warrenty with it, so happy might trade it for a new one, blockbuster said theyd give me £110 p/x

New Poll