corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine parts, best place??/Price?? (please please help urgent)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine parts, best place??/Price?? (please please help urgent)
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
1st Apr 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa 1.2 breeze, x12sz engine, needs a service, and i cant use it till its done (i have just passed my test on monday, and want to get it sorted before i insure it) how much will it roughly cost to get the cylinder head gasket repleaced??

Also could i do this myself, with a torque rachet and a haynes manual? or is it best left to the pro's? Also how hard is it to keep the timing correct when the heads been taken off.

How often should the timing belt be changed? Its been done once before (its done almost 52 000 miles)

Also roughly how much are reconditioned Astra mk2 Ate Front calipers, disks and pads as i need to replace the brakes as they are well worn and past it.

All replys greatly received

[Edited on 01-04-2003 by moddedcorsa]
Jodi_the_g

2nd Apr 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all fairness changing the cylinder head gasket is a bit of a bastard and I would take it to the garage unless you have some mechinally knowledge.
Break discs and pads you can get from halfords and brand new and they ain't all that much, a local parts centre will be even cheaper reckon about £35ish for both disks and pads for the front.
moddedcorsa

2nd Apr 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers jodi , think ill take it to a garage for the gasket, that way if the timing goes out or sumfin goes wrong its there fault

New Poll