corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I hate driving a kitted up car.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I hate driving a kitted up car.....
SXi_Tim

User status: Offline
31st Mar 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao that told him
Nath

31st Mar 03 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Meat-Pie-SRI
and massively heavier, don't forget that!!!, trust me!!! i know how much a little less weight can make!!! nath saw how at mk last week eh mate!!??

You've lost me??
Nath

31st Mar 03 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets be realistic, where on normal roads do u go from 0-60? or do a1/4 mile? I think 30-70 is just as important.
Dan B

31st Mar 03 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy4B
Buy a motorbike.

Seen at Santa Pod today: turbo/nitrous bike that ran a 8.24s 1/4 @ 172mph!
Steve
Premium Member

31st Mar 03 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy i take ur points into view but u saying they arnt fast for what they are is rubbish, u show me another modern supermini u can buy for 5k that is as fast and handles as well, there maybe be a few but not many.

Im not saying they abosolutly rapid cos two of my best mates own an evo and an impreza turbo so i do know what rapid is, just i think for the money u pay u get a quality car, why has everyone thats been in it now want to buy one trotty for example
Andy

31st Mar 03 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK - I admit I was a bit harsh with my words - I actually have a good mate who owns one and although I was initially quite impressed with the handling, I've watched this S-reg car steadily fall to pieces over the last two years. Cracked rear beam, knackered shockers, faulty ECU, worn valve guides, leaky radiator - the list just goes on and on.

I've got an old Golf GTi Mk2 valver - cost me £750 the handling is sublime and it would easily keep up with a 106 through very twisty stuff and leave a 106 behind on the faster stuff.

[Edited on 31-03-2003 by Andy]
Nismo

31st Mar 03 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by niven

nova 2.0 will kill off the equivalent corsa due to the weight to power ratio....

a nova gte/gsi can kill off corsa 2L 16v's its all down to power/weight ratio corsa way a ton compared to novas

last year at santa pod PV show - there was a yellow 2L 16v nova beating everything and that beat a P1

although i cant stand the little rust buckets - if i wanted a fast car for cheap money i would get a nova 2L 16v and put it on Webbers

Gower

31st Mar 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never get a nova.
Andy

31st Mar 03 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine's 89 - so 14 years old. Virtually no rust though. Not perfect of course and there's been a few niggly things I've had to sort out, but nothing really serious. It gets abused day in day out, but doesn't seem to mind. Not much direct experience of VR6, except to say that it'd be a very capable engine for towing. The Mk 2 16V GTi has 139bhp out of the box, so it's still a strong engine and weighing only 950kgs makes it quick. I reckon it should be up to towing, but if you can afford it, why not consider the VR6? They're also very nice in the Corrado too...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I hate driving a kitted up car..... 23 database queries in 0.0129502 seconds