corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I hate driving a kitted up car.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I hate driving a kitted up car.....
kro

User status: Offline
30th Mar 03 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
Steve mate - i will guarentee you now, my brother's valver nova would absolutely kill ur 106...........its tuned to over 160bhp and scooby's really aint far off. I am also very sure that most valver corsas would also kill ur 106, unless they wernt tryin.

You prob dont believe this, but my bro would be more than willing to race ya!

I aint starting an arguement, as i no ur a sound geeza, but i think ur really under estimating the power of a valver in a lightweight 3dr.

Remember how no1 believed u got 20bhp from a zaust and filter? well this is the same kinda thing, but reversed

The only way to settle is a race......

Matt

agree m8..

to think a 106 could be quick enuff

valver corsa and novas are quick but not quick enuff...

Nath

30th Mar 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve does have the tendancy to over estimate his pug106.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no way wuld a corsa 2 litre kill a 106 gti, top end on the motorway yes it wuld pull away 0-60 there wuld be fuck all in it dnt forget ma 106 did a 15.1 standing 1/4, besides the argument is not about my 106 its about cossies and P1's which wuld batter the crap outta u my m8s Impreza turbo which is standard and is slower than a P1 did a 12.3 standing 1/4 show me an unmodified 2.0 16v that wuld match that, and cossies are like 13 secs as standard a standard 2.0 16v wuld do a very late 14 early 15 standing quarter

[Edited on 30-03-2003 by Steve106GTi]
Nath

30th Mar 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car is not a true representation of 106 GTi's as its modified. Your comparing ur modded engine to that of an un-modified 2L 16v corsa.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true true
Nath

30th Mar 03 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with u steve about the cossies and scoobies though.
Kieran McMutrie

30th Mar 03 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything Ste said is correct. Standard 2litre's have no chance, Trust me! I get beaten by 4wd Scoobies especially in the damp!! They're impressive machines

A 2003 Model Year IMPREZA WRX STi TYPE UK is 265bhp @ 6000 rpm, 0-60 in 5.5 secs. Even standard WRX is 225bhp

A Cossie is about 227 bhp and a P1 you're looking at 276bhp standard

All massively quicker!!

[Edited on 30-03-2003 by Kieran McMutrie]
Meat-Pie-SRI

30th Mar 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and massively heavier, don't forget that!!!, trust me!!! i know how much a little less weight can make!!! nath saw how at mk last week eh mate!!??
Adam-D

30th Mar 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on ill ave ya all! come on :-)
Kieran McMutrie

30th Mar 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not massively heavier but yes I admit they are heavier. But they are 4WD as well so much better in damp/wet conditions.

Are you seriously saying a 150bhp FWD Corsa (stipped out or not) will keep up let alone beat any of the cars above? I think not
Ojc

30th Mar 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what annoyed me
Knightrider~gal

30th Mar 03 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt give a monkeys rats arse, i love my car" least i aint spending the money they are on insurance and tax, more for going out or getting more done to the car.....
Marc

30th Mar 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valver corsa would prob beat 106 gti, but an impreza or cossie....er no.
BabyBlade

30th Mar 03 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i would have thought a 2.0lte wud have killed Steves car but by reading this thread i dont think they would. i havnt really looked into 2.0 ltres, what bhp are they standard???
Stu

30th Mar 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old 2 litre Corsa used to beat Imprezas quite often. What would normally happen would be that the Impreza/Cossie/Whatever would see a shitty little corsa and think 'do I even need to try?' By the time my power was down the enemy would realise that the corsa was slightly quicker than the norm and wouldnt be able to catch me. Even when they did floor it I could stay with em anyway.

And yes I do think a standard 2 litre 16valve corsa would demolish a 106gti, no disrespect Steve.
niven

30th Mar 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 l corsa wouldnt demolish a 106 gti until 80 plus...

cossies will win hands down every time being 4wd....

nova 2.0 will kill off the equivalent corsa due to the weight to power ratio....

and before you start sayin oh my corsa can beat cossies blah blah blah.....

the fact of the matter is you could spent thousands on tuning like lucky bs old car it was a rocket but with suttle mods on an impreza/cossie costing less wedge will still destroy any corsa/nova

rwd/4wd will always power over fwd

FACT
Steve
Premium Member

30th Mar 03 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a corsa 2.0 16v is gonna be about 6.9 scs to 60 agreed? well if mines 7.4 standard then i do not call that a demolishing i call that edging slightly in front
Cybermonkey

30th Mar 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth the 20xe is 150bhp standard, but a whole truck load of mid-range torque, which is what matters here people, not top end. mattyb,"but i think ur really under estimating the power of a valver in a lightweight 3dr." At 1079kg for the 1.6, you could hardly call it lightweight!!! Probably about 1100kg with a 20xe!!!

Dave
Stu

30th Mar 03 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My standard 2.0litre did 0-60 in 6.6, not sure what it was when it was throttle bodied up etc etc with 200+bhp, must be looking a mid to late 5's, especially with an LSD?

Agree with the fact that a car that has nearly 300bhp as standard and is 4 wheel drive has a better ground for modifying, that isnt the arguement. My old 2.1ltr Corsa could beat Cossies and Imprezas.

You only have to look at my current car, Ive hardly spent anything and I bet Ive increased power by 40bhp and like you say, rear wheel drive. I still think my old Corsa would scare the shit out of it though.
Kris TD

30th Mar 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it also pisses me off for ther fact that you cant drive anywhere normally, next car im getting is having standard ride height springs and no kit, well, mayb lowered springs, but no kit, gonna go for performance, octavia rs here i come.
Sooty
Banned

30th Mar 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From Diesel to Skoda
Foz

30th Mar 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about insurance at the end of the day.
Kris TD

30th Mar 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
From Diesel to Skoda

yep, but an octavia is only a golf with a boot. and 180 bhp.
Cybermonkey

30th Mar 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and green brake calipers.
Andy

31st Mar 03 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cant wait to get a job, Then sell me car then get a quick car.

My advice, Spend your money on the engine rather than the bodywork.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
yes or buy a 106 gti

Steve - believe me I have tried hard to resist saying this, but you really do talk the biggest pile of sh1t I've heard in a very long time. 106 GTIs are not quick, even with the mods you have. They're just sh1tty lightweight French rust buckets that fall to bits within 3-4 years, containing very mediorcre engines. 2L Corsas will eat you for breakfast as will any well modded 1.6. I hope very much that I'll get to meet you and your 106 one day - nothing would give me more pleasure that to destroy your pile of French sh1te and open your eyes to the error of your ways...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I hate driving a kitted up car..... 22 database queries in 0.0177281 seconds