corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remote deadlocking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remote deadlocking
Rob H

User status: Offline
   30th Mar 03 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right at the moment to deadlock my car i have to use my key, but its shit because ive got an alarm that will allow me to controll the central locking form it, but it wont dead lock it. When i lock the car from my alarm fob it wont deadlock the drivers side, but it seems to deadlock the passengers side automoatically Does anyone know of a way that I can make my alarm deadlock both the drivers and passengers side?

Has anyone got any ideas, becuase im lazy and cant be arsed to keep diss arming the alarm with the fob, but them opening the car by key.

Rob
Kris TD

30th Mar 03 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the door pins, has the same effect.
Rob H

30th Mar 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was thinking about this, but iv got the "autolock" fucntion activated on mine where it locks the door automatically when the ignition comes on. Would preffer to keep that function
cobra148

30th Mar 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, I've not found a system yet that will allow remote deadlocking. If you come across one let me know. I've got de locked handles waiting to go on but I want to activate the deadlocks remotely, not just the central locking.

(Not a hint of a kitchen in that one)
Rob H

30th Mar 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
Rob, I've not found a system yet that will allow remote deadlocking. If you come across one let me know. I've got de locked handles waiting to go on but I want to activate the deadlocks remotely, not just the central locking.

(Not a hint of a kitchen in that one)

Yeah its your fecking fault that i gotta try and get one now though. Those doorpins are too nice too loose
sxi_welshy_boy

30th Mar 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think when u turn key that extra bit with thy key the barrel hits a micro switch which then deadlocks the rest of the car.. maybe u could fit a small solonoid which is activated by alarm, so flicks this microswitch in return deadlocking at the same time?? Confused.. I am .. just a thought though..
Mav 3000

30th Mar 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 'anti-highjack' feature on my alarm Rob and I hate it! Always makingpassenger jump - especially girls think I'm locking them in! - If anyone knows how to turn this off on a toad Alarm please let me know as Toad never reply to my emails. u2u me or something so this thread doesnt go OT.

Cheers
Kris TD

30th Mar 03 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
Was thinking about this, but iv got the "autolock" fucntion activated on mine where it locks the door automatically when the ignition comes on. Would preffer to keep that function

yeah so have i. if u want to unlock the doors you press the button on the remote.
Kris TD

30th Mar 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000
I have the 'anti-highjack' feature on my alarm Rob and I hate it! Always makingpassenger jump - especially girls think I'm locking them in! - If anyone knows how to turn this off on a toad Alarm please let me know as Toad never reply to my emails. u2u me or something so this thread doesnt go OT.

Cheers

why would u want to turn this off, after seeing a mate tried to be hyjacked in front of my eyes i wanted this as a mojor point of getting a toad alarm. if they turn ignition on a door open then it doesnt lock.
Mav 3000

30th Mar 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's so annoying for me. Trying to drop people off and seeing them fiddle with a locked door even though they didn't lock it, or picking people up on the fly and them not being able to open the doors.

I don't like it. I can see it's advantages but like I say not many girlies like it.
Rob H

31st Mar 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
yeah so have i. if u want to unlock the doors you press the button on the remote.

Pressing the button while the ignition's on does fuck all on my alarm.

Know what you mean though mav. Whenever i give my mates a lift i always get the "Ahhh, Rob's locking us in the car again!" comment

Looking at one of the rods in the door i noticed that when i lock it off the alarm/by the key normally, it travels down and then back up (like how you turn the key Anticlockwise, then let go and it goes back to vertical. If I deadlock the car, the rod travels down, and stays down. Might have to go and have another check i think. If i can fit a solonoid to that rod, then im hoping it should do it

I'll keep you posted

New Poll