corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles.
deano87

User status: Offline
24th Sep 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A hell of a lot of bitching in here.

But I couldn't agree more with Ben G. It is actually ridiculous when people buy extremely expensive cars like Porsche Cayenne's, Range Rovers etc and they don't have the intelligence to put Bluetooth as an option. They are clearly intelligent enough to realise driving and using the phone is illegal, so why not pay the extra ~£500 when you're already spending ~£70k for Bluetooth hands free.
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also with Ben, it's usually van drivers or people with expensive cars on their phone that I see.

I don't answer my phone when driving, partly because I keep it in my pocket and can't get it out when sat down Either way, whoever is calling can wait until I get to wherever I'm going and I can call them back. Same with if it's a text, I'll usually try and press one of the buttons through my trousers to stop it vibrating then see what it was when I've stopped.

I don't see what could ever be important enough to warrant risking a crash or getting fined or whatever when it can quite easily wait for a few minutes.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Jambo

24th Sep 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with the scientific census compiled in this thread based on facts.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

25th Sep 10 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
quote:
Originally posted by 1_Litre_Porsche_Beater
I do it sometimes where I feel it's safe to do so. If I get caught it's my own fault.

Don't mean to start an argument but when did a Focus become an expensive car? Thought that was the average price for a normal car these days.

look at you all bitching about using phones whilst driving

to be honest everyone on here would not be able to say ohh i never have used a phone whilst driving i used to do it on my motorbike no hands free kit just stick it inside helmet when ive answered it

also you are all talking about a focus being a cheap average car its a focus st isnt it ??

so in my opinion a focus st is infact worth more money than a corsa a fiesta a astra etc and infact around the same price as some mercs audis and bmws

only diffrence is the suit and tie gimmic all prestige car drivers are total and utter wankers i own a corsa and i bid u a good day

[Edited on 24-09-2010 by bally2010]

Yes it was a ST he had and yes it's still the average price for a normal brand new car these days IMO. I feel your very bitter about people who can afford prestige cars, you should lighten up a bit and aim higher. Don't be a hater all your life, you'll get no where
sc0ott

25th Sep 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i have a mate who is a delivery driver and he quite often gets a KFC on the job and i have seen him driving the van with a zinger tower in one hand and his pepsi in the other steering with his knees, i did ask him how he would explain that one to the police if he was caught

made harder if his mouth was full of chicken as well

Even harder when your fingers are covered in grease from the chicken. I bet the van reeks as well
alan-g-w

25th Sep 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KFC is a good reek though
sc0ott

25th Sep 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate used to be a delivery driver for a chinese takeaway anx his car used to have a stale smell of chinese food the following days.
Jay

25th Sep 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Mostly van drivers I see doing this.

Ben G

25th Sep 10 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

Yes it was a ST he had and yes it's still the average price for a normal brand new car these days IMO. I feel your very bitter about people who can afford prestige cars, you should lighten up a bit and aim higher. Don't be a hater all your life, you'll get no where

prestige doesn't mean people have bought the car brand new, does it?

an m3 is a prestige car, an old porsche aswell, as well as plenty of audi's and merc's seconds hand, all of which you'd pay under 20k for, which is what i paid for the focus.

so no, i'm not jealous at all. Of course i'd like a nice fancy car but i don't see the need right now.

i go to the dump once or twice a week in the puma, it's a great daily driver that i can leave anywhere and not worry about getting scratches or dents and when i buy stuff from argos or b&q i can shove it in the car without worrying whether it's going to scuff any interior bits.

i wouldn't be able to do that with a nice prestigious car, so no, i'm not envious of them at all.
Joe

25th Sep 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad can't work his bluetooth even though it's in both his cars.
Ben G

25th Sep 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your dad owns an aston so i'll let him off just for being seriously cool.
Jambo

25th Sep 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All prestige car drivers are wankers?

Mobby just lost his working class hero status
dale87

25th Sep 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday I was in my work van behind a bloke in a porsche 911 carrera 3, he was on the phone and smoking a fat J (which stunk the traffic cue out completly) so he had a phone in 1 hand and a spliff and a lighter in the other. I thought to myself surely he's got somewhere better to be smoking and must have bluetooth in that porsche surely?? tosser!
DaveyLC

30th Sep 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale87
Yesterday I was in my work van behind a bloke in a porsche 911 carrera 3, he was on the phone and smoking a fat J

Well you'd have to be stoned to buy a 3WD Porsche?
alan-g-w

30th Sep 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy sounds like he's made it tbh.
RichR
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a twat with it nowadays, I was never ever bad with the Audi but with the Jag I always seem to be on the phone or texting, or steering with my knees for as far as possible; I never put my seatbelt on - Its definitely the cars fault though!!
Mobby

11th Oct 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
All prestige car drivers are wankers?

Mobby just lost his working class hero status

Mobby likes this quote!!

and you wonder whyi used to bite when they called me that lol. i can see sides of both though

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people is prestige/expensive cars talking on mobiles. 24 database queries in 0.0137570 seconds