corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 5 speculation

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 5 speculation
noshua

User status: Offline
20th Sep 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Root, doesn't almost everything in this world cost less to make than what it is sold for? Its not just the iphone that has a huge price tag, any of the higher end phones such as the HTCs have a huge price tag if you was to buy them out right.

@matth, the spec, the main one being the screen. Oh and the software
Hammer

20th Sep 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I'm bored of them, they have become the main talking point in life. When I see someone pull one out their pocket I want to strangle babies I get that angry.

Why?

Not everyone has them because they wanna be cool.

I have an iphone as i loved the 3g when it came out, and used one since then. Bought a 4 because i didnt like anything else out there.

Why am I bored of them?

Because like I said they have became the centre of the universe, well done Apple's marketing juggernaut but it's not for me. It is a phone at the end of the day.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just a phone though.

Its a phone, calender, internet, games, camera, camcorder ipod and a million more things due to the apps.

A nokia 3210 is justa phone
Hammer

20th Sep 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does it do that any other 'phone' doesn't?

Nothing.
Root

20th Sep 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Root, doesn't almost everything in this world cost less to make than what it is sold for? Its not just the iphone that has a huge price tag, any of the higher end phones such as the HTCs have a huge price tag if you was to buy them out right.

not everything, when a company overstocks they sometimes sell for less etc but that's the general idea, yes. It's too overpriced, I agree with that then, most phones are overpriced then, not just the iphone. I guess the iPhone's price tag is comparitible with other phones with similar features. Meh, I'll stick with the sony ericcson I have, I can send texts and call people and that's all I need to do
A2H GO

20th Sep 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:
I'm bored of them, they have become the main talking point in life. When I see someone pull one out their pocket I want to strangle babies I get that angry.

Why?

I have an iphone as i loved the 3g when it came out, and used one since then. Bought a 4 because i didnt like anything else out there.

Why am I bored of them?

Because like I said they have became the centre of the universe

So basically you're bored of them becasue they're so good.
A2H GO

20th Sep 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:

not everything, when a company overstocks they sometimes sell for less etc but that's the general idea, yes. It's too overpriced, I agree with that then, most phones are overpriced then, not just the iphone. I guess the iPhone's price tag is comparitible with other phones with similar features. Meh, I'll stick with the sony ericcson I have, I can send texts and call people and that's all I need to do

If you only use a phone to call and send texts then of course the iPhone is going to be overpriced for what YOU need it for.

For everyone else who uses facebook, sends email's, browses the internet, watchs youtube, does their shopping on it, plays games, watches films, listens to music, accesses internet on their laptop through it, etc etc, its very good value.
Root

20th Sep 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
quote:

If you only use a phone to call and send texts then of course the iPhone is going to be overpriced for what YOU need it for.

For everyone else who uses facebook, sends email's, browses the internet, watchs youtube, does their shopping on it, plays games, watches films, listens to music, accesses internet on their laptop through it, etc etc, its very good value.

While the iPhone is apparently capable of these tasks, I can also do all of these things on cheaper phones or even better a laptop or desktop. I use my desktop to watch youtube and browser the web and whatnot, my phone to make calls and whatnot.

Shit, in 2050 we're going to walking around with 1 device that wanks us off in the morning, makes our breakfast, calls work to tell them you're going to be late, walks the dog and wipes your arse
Hammer

20th Sep 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by glb
quote:

Why?

Why am I bored of them?

Because like I said they have became the centre of the universe

So basically you're bored of them becasue they're so good.

Yeah that must be it, it's becasue they're so good.
Rob_Quads

20th Sep 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Root - Do you have a big TV at home? I hope not - do you know how much they cost to make. A fraction of the cost you pay. You can get just the same picture on a smaller set or even your computer so you may not even need one
ed

20th Sep 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Products are never ever worth the sum of their parts. Ever.

Root
A2H GO

20th Sep 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

While the iPhone is apparently capable of these tasks, I can also do all of these things on cheaper phones or even better a laptop or desktop. I use my desktop to watch youtube and browser the web and whatnot, my phone to make calls and whatnot.

Shit, in 2050 we're going to walking around with 1 device that wanks us off in the morning, makes our breakfast, calls work to tell them you're going to be late, walks the dog and wipes your arse

Ok then. You carry round your oversized nokia, desktop computer, laptop and sony walkman and iPhone users will carry their iPhone.

My 5 year old Nokia 6301 does everything i need it to do but i don't go round saying iPhone's are wank/overpriced.
A2H GO

20th Sep 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Root - Do you have a big TV at home? I hope not - do you know how much they cost to make. A fraction of the cost you pay. You can get just the same picture on a smaller set or even your computer so you may not even need one

And that car you drive everyday,bit expensive don't you think? You could get a push bike, it does the same thing and gets you from A to B for a fraction of the cost.
Doug

20th Sep 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people that bitch about them tend to be the people who can't afford them.
LeeM

20th Sep 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

cant take your desktop pc everywhere in your pocket can you? i browse the net at work, get fb updates wherever i am, have tomtom, games and lots of apps in a good looking extremely easy to use product. im never bored, and if i ever need to know something or find somewhere i can no matter where i am. the same thing plugs into my car so i dont need a pile of cd's. and when the world cup was on and i was stuck in work i was able to watch the games live on my phone.
to me its worth every penny
Hammer

20th Sep 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug

Yeah like that prick John who could only afford 4 of them.
John

20th Sep 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug

Yeah like that prick John who could only afford 4 of them.

Were you not in the android camp until about 5 minutes ago Doug?

I've got 2 on my desk right now, still shit.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you have an iPhone avatar then?
mwg

20th Sep 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got 99 problems but an iPhone ain't one
Joe

20th Sep 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

letgsi16v can afford an iPhone.
BarnshaW

20th Sep 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone tell me where i can buy lexus lights for a 93 corsa vegas, thanks.
Joe

20th Sep 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you sent Nic Barnes a u2u?
Sam
Premium Member

21st Sep 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll