corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with X14XE/X16XE Conversion ..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with X14XE/X16XE Conversion ..
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
6th Aug 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a little think and im not really to botherd about keeping the EPAS its nothing special to me really am i right in thinking the 1.4 16v & 1.6 16v are belt driven PAS

whats better EPAS or PAS?

and shaun said columns may be different on the EPAS models are they could any one enlighten me on this one
ash-ov-boro

9th Aug 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it not just be easier to swap the sport dash loom for my 1.0 12v dash loom
then would it be all plug and play or not?
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash-ov-boro
would it not just be easier to swap the sport dash loom for my 1.0 12v dash loom
then would it be all plug and play or not?

It would make wiring the engine loom in a lot easier yeah. It would be plug and play then so no chopping wires.

But if you put the sport dash loom in you wont have the wiring for the EPAS so you would have to do some modifying to get it to work if you wanted to keep it. If not you could convert it to normal PAS but like I say im sure the columns are different on the EPAS models so that might have to be changed as well I think.
ash-ov-boro

10th Aug 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats no problem changing the steering rack/columns as i have the full car still

whats the differnce between the EPAS & just the PAS obviosly the epas is electric but mean is the steering heavier at all ?
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd doubt you'd be able to tell a difference mate to be honest. The only main difference is that you'd done have to have the engine running for EPAS to work where as you do with belt driven PAS.
ash-ov-boro

10th Aug 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks shaun engine is deffoes coming out tomorrow so will get some pics up ect: its minging but im going to clean it up & renew what i can thanks again shaun seems like theres only you who wants to reply

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll