corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X16XE Conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE Conversion
CorsaSport14

User status: Offline
27th Mar 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking to do an engine conversion on my current x14xe corsa. I would love a XE/LET but dont have the money at the moment and probably wont for atleast another year.

So i was thinking of putting in a x16xe engine as it will go straight in and the conversion + rebuild will be alot easier & cheaper.

Is there much difference in an x14xe to x16xe power wise as its only a 16-19bhp increase? or will it be a pretty pointless conversion...

Id probably end up putting TB's & Cam's Re-Map Etc. all onit aswell, what sort of BHP figure's will i be looking at then, and what other car's am i looking to be keeping up with...

Talk me in/out of it people. Pro's & Con's
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more torque, not just BHP..

if you want XE, just keep saving.. find a rebuilt engine or low miler and you are ontoa winner!
boz_gsi

27th Mar 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if you goin to tune your enine you mite aswell strat with the 1.6 than the 1.4

keeping the smallblock xe you will keep the handling ect but all the power will be high up the revs, iv gone back to a 1600 from my 20xe.. lots of fun and you will get big power on tbs cam remap ect just expensive

but puttin a 2.0 in you will get more power and tourque straight off

just depends what you want to go for really

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by boz_gsi]
lil_g

28th Mar 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torque will be a lot better.

IIRC Robin has a tuned 1.4 (120bhp ish) and it was just as quick as a standard 1.6 because of the different power delivery.

If you're looking for an X16XE engine let me know also, you're not far from me
SeanXE

28th Mar 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much you want for that gregg
lil_g

28th Mar 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » X16XE Conversion 23 database queries in 0.0090990 seconds