corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Home Insurance with Lodgers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home Insurance with Lodgers
strick206

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just after a bit of advice here, i've got my own house, but have a mate as a lodger

Insurance on the house with him as a lodger is more expensive than if he was a family member or me living on my own

Would you put him down as immediate family, say you live on your own, or just pay the extra on the policy

It's just annoying me thats all that it can be more expensive just for a stupid reason like that

Basically can get it for 120 quid buildings and contents, living on my own or with "immediate family", or 200quid with a lodger

My dad does own 25% of the house so i suppose i could use that as saying immediate family
Rob_Quads

22nd Jul 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the extra for buildings or contents. If its just contents make them get cover.
Aaron

23rd Jul 10 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally speaking, when it comes to insurance, i'd do it all by the book. If he isn't family, i wouldnt tell the insurance company that he is.
Rob_Quads

23rd Jul 10 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

specially if its buildings insurance. Changes of being found out are very slim BUT if they did you could be royally screwed
stubs

23rd Jul 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cover it legit and ask him to pay towards the extra it's costing you... afterall, the extra cost is because of him, and if it's contents cover too, it's in his interest.

New Poll