corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Drilled Airbox... Waddaya mean?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drilled Airbox... Waddaya mean?
Sxi1.2

User status: Offline
18th Mar 03 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the heck does this mean, and what is it meant to improve.
cdcool1

18th Mar 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people do this instead of using an induction kit. it is as it says, drilling holes in your air box. its done to try to reduce the restrictiveness of the enclosed airbox by allowing more in. wez has had it done i think
Karnage Corsa

18th Mar 03 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it improves the sound of the car without shelling out on say an induction kit for example, all u do is the box that the air filter is housed in, you drill some large holes in the left hand side and underneath simple as that really hope that helps ya
Sxi1.2

18th Mar 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt this damage anything..

can u give me a little more detail on how to do it....

eg what size holes would u recommend. etc etc
dig dave2811

18th Mar 03 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or drill alot of 20mm holes instead of a few large ones and u get a different sound
Sxi1.2

18th Mar 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheerz for the help...

now lets see if i can find the garage keys
dja

18th Mar 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What ever you do DO NOT drill any holes on the engine side of the filter,Only drill before the filter else the engine will suck in unfiltered air which is very bad!
As previous said,drill the left hand side(nearest the wing)and the bottom of the box.Dont drill the right hand side as it will suck hot air off the engine which you dont want.
Nothing will be damaged as long as you dont drill the engine side of the filter.
On most vauxhalls drilling the airbox and fitting a performance element is as good as if not better than an induction cone filter.
Dave
onf

14th Mar 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will this void your warranty? as i have 3 years ;x
corsa-sxi

14th Mar 04 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only if it caused a fault then it would i think, on its own i dont think it would
LukeGSi

14th Mar 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=73970 simple!! If your worried about warrenty, grab another air box from a scrappy and that way if you have to have any work done just swop them over before you take it in!! Jobs a good 'un

New Poll