corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Lg Tv

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lg Tv
ljames555

User status: Offline
17th May 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right looking at new TVs.

But I am after the same design as the LG 50pq6000 where it has 1 piece of glass over the front.

I think Nismo off here has one ?

is there any other tvs that Lg do in the same design ? or other brands.

I might get the pq6000 because seen it for £550 but just wondering if I have any other options.

Whittie

17th May 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i've got that one.
Nismo

17th May 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have that one!

I havent seen no others that have the same design, I love mine and love the picture! Plasma 600Hz all the way

£519 here: http://www.froogle.prcdirect.co.uk/televisions/plasma-televisions/50-inch-plasma-televisions/50pq6000/product

Whittie

17th May 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines slightly different, i've got the 50PG6010.

Decent tv though.
ljames555

17th May 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Yeah I have that one!

I havent seen no others that have the same design, I love mine and love the picture! Plasma 600Hz all the way

£519 here: http://www.froogle.prcdirect.co.uk/televisions/plasma-televisions/50-inch-plasma-televisions/50pq6000/product

absolute bargain that how did you find that I found my cheapest on a compare site.

Cheers Nismo
jamied

17th May 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-should-i-buy/1241107-these-plasmas.html
might be helpful mate
Andrew

17th May 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plasma is old technology though. Personally i'd be going for LCD over plasma all day long. Things that did it for me is the fact you won't burn an image into the screen and also running costs on are cheaper.
BarnshaW

18th May 10 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Plasma is old technology though. Personally i'd be going for LCD over plasma all day long. Things that did it for me is the fact you won't burn an image into the screen and also running costs on are cheaper.

depends what you want most out of the TV
Nismo

18th May 10 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Plasma technology has moved on since then! Image burn takes a hell of a lot longer now and plasmas last upto 18 years now.

Theres pro's and cons on both, The pros on the Plasma out weighted the pros on an LCD for me.
Jambo

18th May 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an LG lcd and the picture is better than my dads top of the line Panasonic plasma. I cant recomend LG high enough. Next tv will be LG too
Ian W

18th May 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another vote for LG here, quality tv's.

My dad sold our 50" one and replaced it with a 50" Samsung and its shit !
BarnshaW

18th May 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Plasma technology has moved on since then! Image burn takes a hell of a lot longer now and plasmas last upto 18 years now.

Theres pro's and cons on both, The pros on the Plasma out weighted the pros on an LCD for me.

i would like to see a plasma TV which lasts on average for 18 years, they use gasses and after so many years the gasses escape and make the set near redundant. Image retention can also happen after an hour aswell, i get so many sets at work which suffer it, especially in a commercial environment
Andrew

18th May 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd recomend LG all day long. Not had any issues with my 3 monitors and 2 TVs
Hammer

18th May 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the 50ps3000. 1080p FTW.

Think you can get them for 600 quid or therabouts now.
RCS

18th May 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
quote:

i would like to see a plasma TV which lasts on average for 18 years, they use gasses and after so many years the gasses escape and make the set near redundant. Image retention can also happen after an hour aswell, i get so many sets at work which suffer it, especially in a commercial environment

The gasses do not escape. Plasma and LCD's have the same half life of around 60,000 hours of constant use.
Gareth

18th May 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought they expire, but they will still work just be dull!?
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCS
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
quote:

The gasses do not escape. Plasma and LCD's have the same half life of around 60,000 hours of constant use.

yes they do, do you quite understand the difference between an LCD and a Plasma? do you know the average lifespan of of the actual TV's or are you just guessing?
Rob R

19th May 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all fairness who's going to be using the same TV for 18 years? Way technology goes must people will be chopping and changing every 3 years
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have yet to find a customer whom has a Plasma TV to last anywhere near that, they say the lifespan is 100k hours, there are so many other components which will more then likely fail before this time. However from a work perspective i can confirm that 100% where i work LCD's have a better lifespan and less of a failure rate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Lg Tv 25 database queries in 0.0118229 seconds