corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2 amps help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2 amps help
leecorsa18

User status: Offline
16th Mar 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite just connected anova amp too power my 6x9 its sounds shit i think ive lost power too the main amp the sub doesnt seem as loud does this happen or have i gone wrong some were help!!!!""""!!!!
Plymouth_Corsa

16th Mar 03 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sub will sound different because you now have more rear fill coming from the 6x9s, its all in your head chances are - simply because you want it to sound so much better, and it probably does - but your brain says rubbish....

make sure the gain for the 6x9s isnt up too much, and same with the sub, if there is any distortion from the fronts, fade it towards the rear until the distortion stops, if it doesnt - amp the fronts as well...will sound a lot better.

any more help please u2u me. cheers.
SRi_m00k

17th Mar 03 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9s will sound rubbish wi subs unless u can filter the bass outta them wi crossover or setup and just use em for rear fill, my advice bin em and just use standard speakers or summat small
K100RSA

17th Mar 03 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I agree, bin the 6x9s or use something like the bass blockers from halfords if you dont want to get rid of the 6x9's but best idea is to get a crossover, or ideally something like a phoenix gold line driver/crossover, this will up the signal to the amps and means that the amps dont have to work as hard, you can then turn the gain down and get the same effect. but with better sound.
Spence

17th Mar 03 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u bridged ur amps???

New Poll