corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Castle Combe today.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Castle Combe today.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing can look too bodged
lee303

26th Apr 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a fan override probably wont help on the track anyway, as over about 40 the fan will become a restriction, i would look at making the cooling airs' entry more focused to the rad, or maybe a bonnet vent to let some heat out, or even an oil cooler to give the cooling system less to deal with on the water side of things,
my car sits at 85 coolant temp wise on track

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by lee303]
mattk

26th Apr 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was bob on half way all the time I was on, when I popped the bonnet when we got back to the stand though the engine cover was smoking, fucking burnt my self on it, Im gonna take the plastic cover off next time
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheres the pictures of my LOVELY legs??!?

Oh and Davey's spin was some scary shit, I saw the Corsa lock up and the Golf INCH past!
dhdev

26th Apr 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Golf's oil temp hit 116ºC sat in the queue waiting and I had to have the heater on to help keep water temps down a bit. Out on track it was down around 108ºC oil temp and coolant was around the halfway mark.
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dhdev, I didn't realise you were there on Saturday, should have come over and said hiiiii!
dhdev

26th Apr 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
dhdev, I didn't realise you were there on Saturday, should have come over and said hiiiii!

I was the one steering the white Mk2 Golf round the Rover mobile chicane

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by dhdev]
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL! I was just changing my pants at that moment!
dhdev

26th Apr 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
LOL! I was just changing my pants at that moment!

It was quite funny from where I was sat I thought he was showing off and drifting, then I realised he was just out of control when it fishtailed back on him
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wasn't showing off!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can confirm today from todays antics that the axle spacers definatly do not stop the tail end action
Paul_J

26th Apr 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dhdev...

were you the guy with the white golf, black wheels, semi slicks and cage? you got any vids... I seem to remember you chasing me down in my s2000.
dhdev

26th Apr 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
dhdev...

were you the guy with the white golf, black wheels, semi slicks and cage? you got any vids... I seem to remember you chasing me down in my s2000.

Yeah that was me. I had just caught up when they dropped the chequered flag I don't have any vids I'm afraid, I'll have a camera in the car for the race season though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Castle Combe today. 23 database queries in 0.0126791 seconds