corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Castle Combe today.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Castle Combe today.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Apr 10 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got it from Castle Combe, how annoying are average speed cameras set to 50?

I want to thank everyone for turning up today with your cool cars, getting on track, chatting and overall being a lovely bunch of people. The day was absolutely awesome from my point of view and I hope everyone feels the same.

Big thanks goes out to the staff who all pitched in and some members who were on hand at the end of the day to make sure we didn't get locked up in Castle Combe.

There will be two more events at Combe this Summer, the Summer Action Day and Total Vauxhall Live. If you can make it then I'd recommend it!

And quickly a personal thanks to the Scousers, Ian, Ste, Helen, David and Chris for all making my stay up north this week one I'll never forget

Cheers.
mattk

24th Apr 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thanks very much

everything organised to perfection yet again, food spot on, and a great set of cars, we really do own them days imo
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the camper finished?
mattk

24th Apr 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it wasnt there, has a gazebo / marquey typ thing
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Just got it from Castle Combe, how annoying are average speed cameras set to 50?

Epicly gay, atleast you missed the last yet from yours to the A127

Top day once again

Thanks to all the cs hosts for another top day

See you next weekend

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
mattk

24th Apr 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there were 6 lots of 50mph average speed cameras on my way home, onte of them is 12 miles long :yawn:
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I gather from the converstation at the end there were some issues before hand? As you all seemed happy it had gone so smoothly in the end

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
no it wasnt there, has a gazebo / marquey typ thing

shame, looked close to finishing
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Also I gather from the converstation at the end there were some issues before hand? As you all seemed happy it had gone so smoothly in the end

puma playing up, kitcar not starting, middnight shopping, getting 4 hours sleep, the usual
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I see

Couldnt fault anything in the end so all was well

Even my car started working properly on the drive home

mattk

24th Apr 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im royaly fucked now

got in at midnight last night, set off for combe at 4:20 am and got back to my house at 80pm

450 miles used £60s worth of fuel and destroyed 2 tyres, good day
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im tired enough and I had a full nights kip and got up at 5.30

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Apr 10 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another brilliant day

We got home at half 10, hardcore

Thanks to everyone involved with organising it, you did a cracking job as usual

I'm properly gutted tho, not only do I fail at driving round corners I also fail at videoing said hopeless driving I've just connected the camera upto the computer to find I made a 2 second video of half my face, I must've knocked the button again after it had started

I think an extra mention should go to Ste aswell for making the trek down in the kit car. That's commitment
Kurt

24th Apr 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a good day, wish Id got my act together and paid up and come too, i'd be intrested in the summer action day Will
Matt L

24th Apr 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that i stayed around the stand that much today but was nice to see the people i did

agreed the average cameras were annoying but not as annoying as 30mph cameras about 2cm's behind the 30mph sign whilst going downbank from a 40 swear i may have been caught (wasnt one of those flashy ones so not sure but imagine i have been ) also anyone notice howmany undercover police were out today saw 3 on the way down with people pulled over and then 2 on the way back along with 2 marked cars all with people.

on a side note motorways were dead which was
RS6

24th Apr 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good me and MJ on here did castle combe 2 weeks ago with honda on track anyone get any pics? is it all cars allowed or just corsa's may have to come down in the cupra
Matt L

24th Apr 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any car was allowed some cracking cars my 2 favs of the day was the black evo 9 which went like shite of a shiney shovel and sounded like EPIC and the blue a4 estate again went like stink.

also the maserati + carrera gt firts one i have seen in real life.

[Edited on 24-04-2010 by Matt L]
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

came late today guys, stand looke awsome tho, shame my cars off the road as i really wanted it up there and to take for a few laps to. bout time james (spankyjames) car was on the stand lol!
spankyjames

25th Apr 10 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant day nice and burnt just a shame I never went on track next time my will be on track,cheers for a good day out guys
AdamF
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent day and well organised as usual guys thanks for a great day
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a good day, had a look round your stand, but each time I think most of the cars were out on track.
I had to sell my track time, because my van isn't running right, and I've taken my sport apart and it won't go back together
Baskey

25th Apr 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some very nice cars on the stand. Whos was that rover v8?, it span out right in front of where i was standing. Back end was all over the place. Looked like good fun
fast-as-u-can

25th Apr 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A big thanks to all involved said already but awsome day my dad and mum had a cracking day too and a big thanks from them too!
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Apr 10 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great day
smcGSI16V

25th Apr 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big thanks to the staff as usual for an excellent organised day.

I've got 2 really good videos which are uploading at the moment, sdly the one from the first session was corrupted so missed Davey's nice spin in the V8.

My car ran faultlessly as usual at maximum attack as per norm.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Castle Combe today. 23 database queries in 0.1904061 seconds