corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » eibach hub adjustment bolts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eibach hub adjustment bolts
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   5th Mar 10 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to get my corsa b Camber set today... the front toe (tracking) and all lazer lined..
it needed done since i changed my car from coilovers to shock and springs + lowered it 80mm allround

long story cut short - he said "he couldnt do the toe on the car today because you dont have an adjustable shock are hubs with adjustment bolts" ...?

so i had to buy these:-

will these make a difference on the car because i didnt think you could use these bolts on shocks and springs? i havnt got an adjustable camber like coilovers

like so:-

all new to me? any ideas??

anyone used these before

sorry inadvance :doyle: .....
P1CK4D

6th Mar 10 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry about it. If you go get your tracking done at a place near me called Elites they will always say you need to buy them. They are fucking cunts and I refuse to go there
kev
Premium Member

6th Mar 10 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just think they wont do anything i honestly dont think they will make a difference to be honest thats why am

coilovers then i would have thought ok...? but shocks and springs?

i they were going to try and charge me 1hours labour (£50 btw) to fit them also :doyle: .....

i told them i would fit them and come back...i've just never hurd of them fitted to shocks with adjustable cambers
AlexW

6th Mar 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bolts are used on shocks and springs, coilovers like that you wouldnt need them, that bolt has a lobe on it like a cam, which get it in the right place when you tighen it and it holds that camber.

Understand it a bit better now?
Jake

6th Mar 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that dont make sense because you twist the trackrod to adjust the toe, you use those bolts to adjust the camber
LeeM

6th Mar 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont need them to adjust the toe, thats done by adjusting track rod ends
kev
Premium Member

6th Mar 10 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
The bolts are used on shocks and springs, coilovers like that you wouldnt need them, that bolt has a lobe on it like a cam, which get it in the right place when you tighen it and it holds that camber.

yes mate i understand what they do its just i cannot see it making a big difference they must be only MM's out of the camber using these though surely?
AlexW

6th Mar 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to say that but forgot. Camber would be way out from the lowering though anyway. Maybe they cant get there equipment on it to set the tracking?
AlexW

6th Mar 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kevcr
quote:
Originally posted by AW06

yes mate i understand what they do its just i cannot see it making a big difference they must be only MM's out of the camber using these though surely?

Its only a couple of mm at the hub/shock joint though, by the time its out to the wheel it can be a massive amount.
Ben G

6th Mar 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Don't worry about it. If you go get your tracking done at a place near me called Elites they will always say you need to buy them. They are fucking cunts and I refuse to go there

they never said it to me, i feel left out

Graham88

6th Mar 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went Elites and they did mine fine, although they did want £40 to put in a camber shim on the rear as it was apparently out by 0.03 degrees or something? Gtf
Ben G

6th Mar 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to pop in elite and get the tracking sorted on the puma, steering wheel is way out when driving straight

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » eibach hub adjustment bolts 23 database queries in 0.0097880 seconds