corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » morette indicators?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author morette indicators?
sebbyg

User status: Offline
1st Feb 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, had my car mot'd, i had my indicators behind my grill as i have morettes and the guy said they were a bit dodgy, so i'm going to drill out the lamps in the morettes and fit the indicators there. for those that have carried out this mod, can you tell me if you used the original inidicators form your standard headlights, and also how easy was it to drill the lamp? thanks in advance
Terry12

1st Feb 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drilled a hole (8mm iirc) in each of the inner lamps and originally used side light bulbs and holders.
But they weren't bright enough and after somebody on here suggesed I fitted motorbike bulbs and holders as they're 23watt. All is good now.

I used these bulbs. Bulb

And these bulb holders. Holder

P1CK4D

1st Feb 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When a friend put morettes onto his GSi Corsa I advised him to put the indicators into the fog lights. Actually looked pretty good.
sebbyg

1st Feb 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for your help lads did u have any problems drilling the lamps? just worried about them cracking?
Gareth F

1st Feb 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are metal
Terry12

2nd Feb 10 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like said the back is metal, Just be careful when the drill bit goes through that you don't hit the inside of the lens with it.
Start with smaller bits to start with and work up. I used the rubber grommit from the Halfords grommit set.
sebbyg

2nd Feb 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right haha,didn't relaise they were metal, well that's alright then, cheers again

New Poll