corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Turning off EML

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turning off EML
jibjob

User status: Offline
31st Jan 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1995 GSI and the EML is on because the EGR valve has been removed. How can i turn the light off or do i need to fit an EGR valve? Also how important is the EGR valve? Will it affect my emissions and make it not pass MOT? I get what it does etc but im not clued up on just how much everything will be affected if i remove it. Cheers
Nic Barnes

31st Jan 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant switch the light off. if its been removed, can you not just plug it back in but leave it off? my vectra runs like that and no light on dash.

to get the light to stop, you have to actually fix the fault. the car will not be running 100% while the light is on.
jibjob

31st Jan 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only problem is there isnt an EGR or spare plug that ive seen as thats how the car came. Looks like im going to have to find an EGR valve and hunt for that plug
Nic Barnes

31st Jan 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just take bulb out the dash.........

but seriously, need the light to be off for the car to actually run right.
jibjob

31st Jan 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye that might explain the other help thread ive put up then about it being a bit hesitant when giving it a bit of throttle. Plus i want it to run properly and at full power not like a bag of nails.
stingray1987

31st Jan 10 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt the 1995 gsi the c16xe. i dindt think they had an egr valve???? if it has a black plastic inlet then it will not have an egr valve anyway??? will it??

ive blanked off my egr valve and place it under the battery tray but still pluged in and i get the eml light on after the the revs drop from being high for a while.

New Poll