corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what is involved in taking out the airconditiong from a 1.6 sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is involved in taking out the airconditiong from a 1.6 sport
stingray1987

User status: Offline
19th Dec 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basicly whilst i was replacing the downpipe i sanped off one of the aircon pipes when i got the exhaust manifold off.

how easy is it to take out the air con completely as its hissing like hell now one of the pipes is snaped.
it looks asif the power steering pump and the aircon pump are the same. are they?

what is needed on the belt side of things. im asuming the cambelt will not need to be touched but what about the aux belt as that spins the aircon/powersteering?

can u just take off the aircon pump or do u need to replace the powersteing pump to one without aircon?

basicly a quick step by step guide by someone who has successfully removed aircon before would be great.
random dav
Premium Member

19th Dec 09 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have spare aircon pipes if you need them.

The aircon pump and steering pump are different.

WRLFC !

Project cars
stingray1987

20th Dec 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is the pipe that comes out of the pump thats y i was asking about the pump. also i can only see one weel/pully cumming out of the pum that the aux belt drives but there is a pipe for the power steering coming out the same pump. any advice would be good as im abit lost.

how much weight would it save taking out the aircon aswell?
c20letandy1988

20th Dec 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that hard mate i did it with in 30mins take glove box out and take scuttle panel off and you will see all the screws you need to undo. also your gunna have to make a plate to weld over the hole were the a/c used to be as rain will get in
stingray1987

21st Dec 09 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right ok i think ill just fix it then as i dnt want be welding plates ect.

New Poll