corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE Loom... and 16v Corsa Loom... and behind glove box?..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE Loom... and 16v Corsa Loom... and behind glove box?..
Davidkent

User status: Offline
8th Dec 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right..

I'm sick of hitting problems with this car, and am tempted to rip the dash loom out and more or less start over, only thin the loom out while its out.

First up.
Will a NON-LLambda C20XE Loom, Fit an ECU where the existing Loom has a Llambda?

That will solve problem number one, in terms of having no llambda in my manifold.

Next, Will a Dash Loom, From an X14 / X16, fit in my X12 - They have all different connections and basically i can lighten what i don't need out, and re-fit, with an adapter from TWAG on here, therefore making it plug and play, with no faffing of wires.

Also, If i were to do this, I'd want to take as much out really as necessary..

So behind the Glovebox, the 2 Purple Fuel relays I removed to run the XE... Can i just whip those wires / Holders out?

I'm assuming i can more or less go through each fuse on the loom, and where wiring isn't needed for say the rear wiper etc, i can just cut them out?

Hoping to save weight and wires really..

Cheers
Terry12

8th Dec 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i'm aware the lambda is only dependent on the loom, So run a non lambda loom and the ECU won't look for it.

From what me and my mate could work out on my X12 the loom is one piece upto the N/S footwell plugs. So swapping the dash looms should work.

What exactly is wrong with your conversion that you need to swap looms?
Davidkent

8th Dec 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome..

Well basically, Plug and play appeals.

I need to sort some issues with the wiring still - The ECU in the footwell is so tight, and i can't move it because whoever had my loom before butchered it so far you wouldn't ever imagine.

The car starts, but runs crap because the Llambda is hanging because i have nowhere in the exhaust to put it.

I'm also considering ripping the dash out, and so i'll want a smaller loom in there too...

It'd be easier than re-doing all the work i've done on mine and being back to square one really..

Need to find the ad for Twag me thinks - Is it totally plug and play do you know, or do i still need to cut the 3 small plugs off the XE's loom and wire them up?

Just want some more space, less wires, and a less butchered loom really!

Cheers

New Poll