corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Chance of a house, not sure we are ready........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chance of a house, not sure we are ready........
deano87

User status: Offline
25th Nov 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fair enough then. I'm exactly the same. But would want to continuously save for eventualities and future plans, so would still want to be having £1k after mortgage.

Also consider whos mortgage the name will be in. If it's yours, can you afford it all if you split up with your girlfriend?
Carl

25th Nov 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
That's fair enough then. I'm exactly the same. But would want to continuously save for eventualities and future plans, so would still want to be having £1k after mortgage.

Also consider whos mortgage the name will be in. If it's yours, can you afford it all if you split up with your girlfriend?

I dare say I could. It could also be rented out and I also have the luxury of having the parents as back up if a total disaster struck.

You will have to bite the bullet one day Deano, it is impossible to plan for every eventually!
deano87

25th Nov 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I totally agree. Need to try and find £15k though for a shite 1 bedroom flat around here (15% deposit).

[Edited on 25-11-2009 by deano87]
Dione J

26th Nov 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck, was the best decision I ever did
Carl

26th Nov 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our offer has been accepted! Fingers crossed we don't get gazumped.
deano87

27th Nov 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats
16vKarlos

29th Nov 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done matey. i thought you were going to bottle.

Good Purchase though

Karlos
taylorboosh

4th May 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and the mrs are in a eerily similar situation to this, her dad is home, has 30k in the bank and has said we could have ten k for a deposit and he will pay fees, houses are quite cheap up here and a 2 bed semi in need of updating is up for 75k, 65k mortgage is about 400 a month. i currently earn 19k ish and the mrs 15. all out goings atm for me come to about 500 including petrol, for her about 400. we easily have 1000 between us to run a house per month. our problems are in the past and we are getting on better than ever

its just a case of we need to be careful with money and that i may be getting a new job on 12.5k per year as a bt apprentice. if this comes of id have to get a weekend job but still belive we could afford it, if push came to shove id sell my car as its not neccisary
James

4th May 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£59k! I'm struggling to find a flat under £200k round here!
dan_m1les

4th May 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish flats/houses round here were cheap! I'd have moved at years ago.

As James Said anything this way worth buying is 180k +
pow
Premium Member

14th May 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a mortgage was £400 a month i'd been out of my parents house by now. Your looking at 1k a month on a mortgage here on a 1/2 bed flat, let alone anything else!
taylorboosh

16th May 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If a mortgage was £400 a month i'd been out of my parents house by now. Your looking at 1k a month on a mortgage here on a 1/2 bed flat, let alone anything else!

the mrs and her father are viewing it on wednesday, see what happens, ive decided if it does go through the vectra is going, i dont need a v6. maybe get myself a corsa project or something
Carl

16th May 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got about +800 in our joint account and we put in 500/600 a month each. So managing really well, although we haven't started paying her dad back the 10k yet and we've been going easy on the buying of furniture etc, looking for good deals etc where possible. Want to get a k or so behind us for emergencies if possible.
AndyKent

16th May 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at houses/flat round my way this weekend. Did two viewings for 1 bed houses (both end of terrace) for 85k and 90k each. Both places were fucking tiny and one was in the middle of the worst looking council estate I've ever seen.

Disappointed is not the word. Looking to spend £110k minimum for somewhere of a better size and you wouldn't mind leaving your car overnight

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll